We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandpiper cove and holiday Isle

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sandpiper cove and holiday Isle

Have a friend looking @ this condo and area? Feedback would be great - thanks?? Pros - Cons ..

Boonville, Missouri
Level Contributor
77 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandpiper cove and holiday Isle

We stay at Shoreline towers, just east of Sandpiper cove. The beach in front of Sandpiper is a littler wider and flatter than at Shoreline towers. They have a little snack bar there too. It looks nice walking by.

Sherman, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandpiper cove and holiday Isle

My first trip to Destin Summer 2010 was at Sandpiper Cove. We're a mid 30's couple with a 6 yr old son. We loved Sandpiper Cove and as a matter of fact, we have planned another trip to Destin this year over the 4th of July and have rented another condo at Sandpiper Cove. We have rented both of ours directly through the owners (via vrbo.com and vacationrentals.com). I have read several reviews from folks that rented directly through Sandpiper Cove that the units were a little more "worn." We were completely happy with our rental.

Basically, its much like being in an apartment complex. There are 5 swimming pools, a par 3 golf course and a private beach with a snack bar hut. The beach was very nice and not very crowded. I recommend it and can't wait for our next trip there in July.

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandpiper cove and holiday Isle

The biggest thing you need to know is proximity to the beach.... part of the complex is beachfront and parts can be blocks away...

Santa Rosa Beach...
Level Contributor
626 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandpiper cove and holiday Isle

I used to stay at Sandpiper Cove before I bought my own condo in Destin. It is probably Destin's oldest vacation condo development, with some buildings dating back to 1974. It consists of a huge amount of land - something like 42 acres - and was built at a time before high rises and before super-high land prices. As a result, all the units are only two stories high and the grounds are spacious. This is a good place for people that are "allergic" to high rises. The disadvantage is just a relatively few units are located right on the beach with a Gulf view; most are located inland with no beach view, but with views of the pitch-and-putt golf course or of the canals or harbor. The par 3 course is free, but some of the holes are very short (40 yards); the longest is maybe 90 yards. Many units are located quite a ways from the beach. When we went to the beach, we usually drove to Sandpiper Cove's beachside parking so we didn't have to haul our beach gear far. I have fond memories of Sandpiper Cove, but I do appreciate the more convenient beach access and superior view that I now have at my own condo.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandpiper cove and holiday Isle

Sandpiper is a nice little community. I usually think of a lot of snow birds being there. The north section borders Hwy 98, but as mentioned it's a pretty big piece of land and the other borders are relatively quiet.

Howdy to Shoreline Towers!! We stay at Southbay so we're neighbors. In fact our daughter's played tennis on your courts a few times over the years after meeting some of the kids there. We investigated the smaller house-type units (not a fan of high rises) but they're hard to find available.

We love that part of Destin. It's close to everything but because the quiet street is between Sandpiper and the gulf it's sort of like being in a community or subdivision. We often take a long walk along the sidewalk there as it's much quieter than 98. As far as it being blocks away, our complex at Southbay is the same set up, but it is within walking distance. But because of that, you pay less than other places right on the beach but are still relatively close.

It's not a glitzy, new place but if you know that going in I think you'd be happy with it.

Edited: 08 February 2012, 02:31
Plainfield, IN
Level Contributor
176 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandpiper cove and holiday Isle

We have stayed at SPC many times over the past 10 years, sometimes twice a year. All things written above are true. It is a clean, nice and peaceful place to unwind for a week or two. We will be back for the last week of June/first week of July. We love it.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
2 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandpiper cove and holiday Isle

We've stayed at SPC once a year for the past 5 years or so. We have two small boys who are now 6 and 8. SPC is an older community, but is clean, quiet and convenient to the beach.

We've rented studios and 1 bedrooms. We also keep our boat on the canal, which is the only place in Destin that I know of that has this option. We usually have the pool to ourselves, and we always drive to the beach which is right across the street in a gated section. I think driving is even easier than having a condo on the beach because the walk is shorter, plus we leave all our sandy toys in the car.

See our review from a few years ago.

8. Re: Sandpiper cove and holiday Isle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2013, 10:35