We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sweet Jody or Swoop

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sweet Jody or Swoop

Hello All-

I've already scanned the great info on Destin fishing, but am posting this in case the title solicits any further specfic response. Want to take morning party fishing boat trip for dad and 8 yo son, and possibly 5 yo daughter. Prices are comparable, so thats not an issue. (Private charter is just beyond our budget) Anyone been on either, or both, and have any recommendations.

One possible distinction is that Sweet Jody allows 5 yo daughter, but Swoop is 6 and up. Not sure 5 yo would enjoy a 5 hour trip anyway.

Finally, I've already read in other posts that state,yes, you generally catch fish on these things. But, happy to hear about actual "catching" experiences on boat.

Chattanooga
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sweet Jody or Swoop

I'd like to know an answer to this as well.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Level Contributor
451 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sweet Jody or Swoop

Think you answered one question about being 6 and being out for five hours

As local I hear good things bout Swoop...

Keep in mind if alot of people on board expect a lot of time untanglinging lines......

Will you catch anything, on those ! Yes above average to very good you will.

They are baited small meaning don't expect to catch a 50lbfish

Ohio
Level Contributor
674 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sweet Jody or Swoop

Yeah - any time you're on a bigger fishing boat...you get a ton of tangled lines and not a lot of caught fish.

And, 6 hours is going to be a long time for your son, too.

If your husband really wants to fish - he should probably go on a smaller private boat, solo.

We went on a deep sea fishing trip..once. It was a nightmare. I was ready to go about 2 hours in - and, I'm a grown up! LOL

4. Re: Sweet Jody or Swoop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 06:16