We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just a little humor

Middletown
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
just a little humor

Last yr was our first trip from Cincy to Destin and guess what? Returning again! Of course we traveled 65 And I was just wondering which Cracker Barrel is the best one to eat at. Lol I never saw so many Cracker Barrels in my life. It became a joke! My kids began counting the billboards we saw every mile or so. Have to make a game of it this yr, and of course stop and eat at one. I wonder how much money they pay for the hundred billboards. Did anyone else think this was comical?

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,884 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just a little humor

Years ago I was shocked to see a Stuckeys in Alabama - i remember those back when I was young traveling with my parents and there is still one somewhere off of I-65 in Alabama

I have only been to one Cracker Barrel - ever. I hear they are good but we just don't eat big when we are on the road.

Colmar, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just a little humor

I believe all Craker Barrels are pretty much the same. The idea is that no matter when you are hungry on the interstate, there is a Craker Barrel available to serve your needs.

Edited: 18 July 2012, 15:33
Middletown
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just a little humor

It was a joke when I asked for the best one. Lol

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just a little humor

When we hit the road I'm always ready to pull over for an Uncle Herschel!

Uncle Herschel's Favorite®

Two Eggs* cooked to order with Grits, Sawmill Gravy and Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits along with Real Butter and the best Preserves, Jam n' Apple Butter available. Served with Fried Apples or Hashbrown Casserole and your choice of Hickory Smoked Country Ham, Grilled Pork Chop, Sugar Cured Ham or Fried Chicken Tenderloin.

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
736 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: just a little humor

One time when we were driving 16 hours from Destin to Virginia, we stopped at a Cracker Barrel for a late dinner. I ate chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and fried okra. After that, I was so tired that I didn't think I could make it home. I will not be eating like that again unless I have time for a long nap.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just a little humor

Cracker Barrel is the only place we stop for something to eat and to take a restroom break. The restrooms are clean and always have soap and paper towels. Mr. Cowboy can find the worst gas station restrooms on earth so now we only stop there. The food may not be the greatest but it is OK. You don't know how happy I am to see those billboards. I've been in some pretty scary restrooms so I say Cracker Barrel is the way to go when traveling with Mr. Cowboy!!

Ohio
Level Contributor
691 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just a little humor

Or, as I call it "Crapper Barrel"...LOL

That was one of my road trip games, a few years ago - count all of the Cracker Barrel signs between Ohio and Florida!

Ohio
Level Contributor
691 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just a little humor

Sadly, you know what my "must have" road trip lunch stop is? Krystal!!!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,239 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: just a little humor

Crapper Barrel, ha ha ... you crap me up!!! But seriously, we have eaten at some and found them to be ok for the price.

Edited: 18 July 2012, 21:24
Missouri
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: just a little humor

The food at Crapper Barrel is SO HEAVY! I must agree with DestinMel. Now when I see the billboards, I will LOL! Funny TexasCowGirl likes the restrooms. Might have to re-think our pit stops. haha