We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groceries before we leave home or when we fer there?

Texas
Level Contributor
342 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Groceries before we leave home or when we fer there?

Probably sounds silly but I know how people buy the stores out preparing for hurricanes. Once we leave Texas we will be in issac projected path so I was wondering if we should buy groceries here or is it safe to wait until we arrive in Destin.

6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Groceries before we leave home or when we fer there?

We always buy before we go. That way we don't have to fight the crowds. This year be prepared if you do shop when you get there they might be out of a lot of stuff that you need

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Groceries before we leave home or when we fer there?

When are u leaving and where from? We headed that way too, but very worried about drive there

Texas
Level Contributor
342 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Groceries before we leave home or when we fer there?

We are leaving early Friday morning from

Tyler/Kilgore area, staying at Waterscape and returning Tuesday. We are a little concerned about the drive as well but we have mapped out a couple of routes just in case.

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Groceries before we leave home or when we fer there?

Oh wow, we leaving from Longview same time.. We need to keep each other posted on best route to take!

Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
342 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Groceries before we leave home or when we fer there?

We drive from the Chicago side of Indiana and still bring as many goods ahead of time as we can. The less vacation time I waste in grocery/Wal Mart/etc the better.

Texas
Level Contributor
342 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Groceries before we leave home or when we fer there?

Meloveshoes, It is a small world and pretty sure we probably have mutual friends of friends;) My husband works in the oilfield and i am an office admin for a oilfield company. I have several friends that work/live in Longview. I tried to PM you but it wouldn t work. Email me at wandacraig3@aol.com. I am going to make a few calls today to check on any possible road closures.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,632 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Groceries before we leave home or when we fer there?

The grocery stores are open and stock - so you will be able to purchase here.

Boonville, Missouri
Level Contributor
75 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Groceries before we leave home or when we fer there?

The most expensive items were the small sizes of mayo, ketchup, etc. I would try to bring those things from home unless you want to pay $3-4 for them. I brought some things from home but didn't have enough room in the car for too much. Next year I will definitely bring condiments.

9. Re: Groceries before we leave home or when we fer there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2013, 10:17