We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tightlines Just not Baby J's, closes up

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tightlines Just not Baby J's, closes up

But you all knew that was coming, right?

thedestinlog.com/articles/tightlines-23006-c…

Look for the initials JB to be involved in the next round, most likely Landshark instead of Margaritaville.

Also hope they land a John Besh restaurant in the former Commodore's Palace...I've heard whispers.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tightlines Just not Baby J's, closes up

Read the article - they mentioned LaFamiglia expansion - is it moving to the harbor as well.

Rumors have been rampant since Tightlines opened. Guess it was true.

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tightlines Just not Baby J's, closes up

I saw the banner for LaFa where Camellia Grill was. We ate at LaFa last week and I asked about it. It is going to be a second restaurant. Not scheduled until Jan, supposedly much renovation to the new site has been underway.

Ohio
Level Contributor
649 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tightlines Just not Baby J's, closes up

Wow - didn't Tightlines just open?

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tightlines Just not Baby J's, closes up

Tightlines opened up about a year ago - from the beginning the rumor has been that it was a temporary location and they had a short term lease with Peter Bos - some other big restaurant was planning on filling it. Now we will see if it really is a Jimmy Buffett place or not - plus we will see if Tightlines is moving elsewhere - but from the crowds they drew - I doubt it.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,071 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tightlines Just not Baby J's, closes up

So that explains the below mediocre experience we had. They never had long terms plans, so why bother meeting the customers' needs. I had posted earlier that we actually walked out after being in there only 10 minutes. I'm not sure if I've ever done that before. Lucky Snapper had been a favorite and we were willing to over look its flaws until the last couple of years.

That location deserves a good place and we all sure deserve better too.

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tightlines Just not Baby J's, closes up

Margaritaville it is, strong whisper. Announcement coming soon...

Tennessee
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Tightlines Just not Baby J's, closes up

How on Earth do they expect to support the parking for this??? I know when we tried to go to the one at Myrtle Beach it was a 3 hour wait at 3:30 in the afternoon...I would love to see it, but I just don't see parking anywhere near being adequate.

Ohio
Level Contributor
649 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tightlines Just not Baby J's, closes up

Yeah, parking's going to be a PITA. It's already to the point that you can't get in there.

9. Re: Tightlines Just not Baby J's, closes up

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2013, 10:16