We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding planning for 2014

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
18 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding planning for 2014

Hello all,

My GF and I just got engaged and because we had such a beautiful time last summer in Destin, we would like to have our destination wedding there.

We were looking to do something overlooking the beach and not actually in the sand for around 150-200 people and dont have the slightest clue where to start. We've looked into Sandestin and unfortunately they are already booked for EVERYTHING except bayside stuff, and Emerald Grande has been very slow in responding.

Since all of the wedding advice on here seems to be 2011 and earlier I would like to know If anyone can share a recent positive Destin eedding experience whether it be at the emerald grande or other venues?

Thanks in advance,

Chef

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding planning for 2014

First congrats and second, did you look into the Hilton there?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding planning for 2014

Try the Henderson Park Inn.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
18 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding planning for 2014

Thanks guys, my fiancee and I have put in quote requests for the Hilton and Henderson Park Inn so we'll see what their pricing is. we also are going to try Water Color and Rosemary Beach... but we are trying to gather a few more maybe lesser known gems...

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,769 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding planning for 2014

Are you talking wedding on the beach or something more elaborate - You can get married on the beach in Walton County (under 50 people) just by pulling a free permit with the county. As far as places to have a nice party afterward I have looked into Hernderson Park Inn, The Veranda (right above Crab Island Cantina in the harbor), the top deck at Dewey Harborside. Even Pompano Joes rents out their beachside bar are underneath the restaurant if you are looking for a true beach wedding. You can get married right there on the beach and then have dinner their with table and chairs spilling over onto the beach with torches lighting the way - and your own bar and or set up for DJ or band. Kenny D's will also close down and you can have the wedding there. I did not realize all the options available here until I started looking - from elegant to simple.

georgia
Level Contributor
490 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding planning for 2014

we went to a beach wedding at INLET Beach last fall, and they had the reception at Grande Pointe Venue. It was an amazing venue.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding planning for 2014

Congrats! I also fell in love with the area especially along the hgwy 30A. My wedding will be held there over memorial day weekend in seagrove beach. I dealt with the same thing you are dealing with as far as venues so i decided to make it more personal and rented a beach house that has a lawn in front of it with its own beach walkover where we would get married on the beach and then have a tented rehersal infront of the beach but on the lawn. The place is called the Triple crown and the Property is owned by pearly white properties. I also hired an amazing wedding planner to get the design of the place as well as hire and manage all of the vendors. Her name is Tammy with the eventful planner. I have to say after all of the places i visited for venues nothing compared to this private residence. it also is finacially feasible with the wedding party and some family staying at the house to help with cost and we are able to have our rehersal dinner there as well! Let me know if you have any questions and need help also the weddingbee.com forum was a very reliable and useful site . One thing to note with DW you typically can count on about 60% of your guest being able to attend. Good luck!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
18 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding planning for 2014

Wow that sounds awesome will look in to...

8. Re: Wedding planning for 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 07:15