We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing Charters in Destin/Fort Walton area?

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montana
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing Charters in Destin/Fort Walton area?

Looking for fishing charters in Destin area for my teenage son and I. We will be in the area late July or early August and would like to spend a day or half a day out on the boat.

There are a lot to choose from, if anyone has suggestions that would be great!

Thanks!

Lorraine

Edited: 25 February 2013, 15:26
D H
Destin, Florida
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing Charters in Destin/Fort Walton area?

it depends on what you want. party boat, or private boat, also, deep sea or closer to land, and dont forget price. party boats will be cheaper since they take more people, private will more expensive since its just you paying for the trip.. let me know what youre looking for and ill tell you some of my recommendations. Im a local.

Otto, North Carolina
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing Charters in Destin/Fort Walton area?

Four adults are coming to Destin Memorial Day week this year. Can you recommend a reasonable fishing charter boat for 1/2 day?

Otto, North Carolina
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing Charters in Destin/Fort Walton area?

We want a private charter that takes no more than 6 people. I see a lot of charters listed but what about the ones that don't advertise on the internet? We always seem to be able to find the little known charters and those seem to be less expensive and provide great fishing.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing Charters in Destin/Fort Walton area?

I have used a boat called the "perfect shot" in the past and had a very successful trip. If you google "perfect shot destin fl", it will be towards the top.

Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
330 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing Charters in Destin/Fort Walton area?

We're going out on the sure lure in July, she was recommended by several locals. Best of luck!

*One thing I discovered, though I don't know if it's true for the entire fleet; Sure Lure's advertised rates weren't up to date on their website. They're actually $175 per hour, as opposed to the $150 per on the internet.

Edited: 23 April 2013, 14:36
Destin, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing Charters in Destin/Fort Walton area?

Hello - please be so kind as to recommend a family-friendly fishing charter, hopefully each of the four GrandBabes (6 and older) will land a fish. Many thanks!

Valdosta, Georgia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing Charters in Destin/Fort Walton area?

Hi DH,

I am also looking some similar assistance. We are coming late July, family of 4, youngest is 7. Looking for off shore (bottom fishing), private, min 6 hr trip. Would prefer a boat w/ small cabin incase 7 year old can't hang the whole trip. Any suggestions is appreciated. -DJ

Knoxville Tennessee
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishing Charters in Destin/Fort Walton area?

We are looking for something for 4 people

would rather charter a boat ourselves

Please advise

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,133 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fishing Charters in Destin/Fort Walton area?

There are a few aggregate service, our guys have used Harbor Walk Fishing. Generally you can reserve about a week in advance, that can go on a credit card, give the tips in cash. They've done both half day and whole day charters. On the whole day you spent a good portion of the day just going out and coming in. You can try and request a boat, but if you're doing a group event, you'll get assigned when you get there.

Plan on coolers for food and water, and something to put the fish in. They don't provide the ice, coolers etc.

destin florida
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fishing Charters in Destin/Fort Walton area?

The post is from Feb/April 2013 ------- a year ago . I assume they booked with some boat ?