We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking Distance - Majestic Sun

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
20 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Walking Distance - Majestic Sun

We are leaving for the Majestic Sun this weekend and would like to know if there is anything within walking distance (1-1.5 miles) AND if there are sidewalks. We are traveling with a 2 and 4 year old and we are taking a stroller and backpack type carriers for both.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,591 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking Distance - Majestic Sun

Silver Sands Outlet Mall and lots of restaurants nearby. Sidewalks on the Scenic Gulf which is the road in front of Majestic Sun and leads right to the outlet mall - no sidewalks along the side streets

Chicago
Level Contributor
20 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking Distance - Majestic Sun

Great! That's what we were hoping for..(not the outlet mall per se) but sidewalks. I'm hoping to do as little driving as possible next week to keep the aggravation of being stuck in traffic down. We're from Chicago.... I see enough traffic each day...!

Alabama
Level Contributor
944 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking Distance - Majestic Sun

I always stay at MS and you'd better get used to the idea of driving! You can walk down to Whale's Tail to eat, or to get ice cream at the little beach store, but other that just walking for exercise (as most are doing), I wouldn't be trying to walk anyplace else. I've never been to Whale's Tail, but we love The Crab Trap and The Original Dewey Destin's. ODD is my new fav!!! You can't walk to either of those!

Chicago
Level Contributor
20 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking Distance - Majestic Sun

Thanks! I've always had to drive in traffic and don't have too many plans to do outside dining in Destin so I'm sure it can't be any worse than home at rush hour. We will just plan mentally and leave early ;) Are either of the food recommendations that you like family friendly? My kids know that if they don't behave I'll go crazy but I don't push my limits with toddlers either. We always appreciate the forum responses...thanks !!!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
933 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking Distance - Majestic Sun

Get ready for the spring breakers just across the street at the Whales Tail. They are there in droves!!!

Chicago
Level Contributor
20 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking Distance - Majestic Sun

I guess that is what we get for deciding to go last minute! Rental pickings were slim!!! My husband can live vicariously through them...and of course spend the entire vacation saying "when I was on spring break".... I should probably pack ear plugs so I don't have to relive his youth each day.

Level Contributor
417 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking Distance - Majestic Sun

It is a very wide walkway, great for a stroller. you could walk to pompanos joes, if you don't mind a far walk

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,591 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking Distance - Majestic Sun

You have at Silver Sands Carrabas - Cheeseburger n Paradise - Panera - Ciao Bella - along Scenic Gulf - Busters - Whales Tail - Ricks - Cabana Cafe - Pompanos if you want to walk down the side streets you have Pepitos - Buffalo Jacks - Don Pedro - Elephant Thai - Dynasty - all walking distance. For fast food you have KFC - Taco Bell - 5 Guys.

Chicago
Level Contributor
20 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walking Distance - Majestic Sun

Thanks! These forums have always made for better trips no matter how close or far. We don't mind a far walk depending on weather.

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
2,620 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Walking Distance - Majestic Sun

Pretty much all places in Destin are kid friendly. Enjoy!