We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions Pls - Leaving in 10 Days :) - Crystal Beach

Cincinnati, Ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
Opinions Pls - Leaving in 10 Days :) - Crystal Beach

Hello,

We are heading down to Destin in 10 days and can't wait. Our whole family is going, from 1 year old to grandparents. I am getting a little nervous about the weather. It looks beautiful for playing outside, but not necessarily getting in the water. We are staying at the Villages of Crystal Beach because of the nice pool, but is it going to be warm enough to get in? What about the ocean? Should we see if we could switch to a house with a heated pool?

Thanks so much!

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,916 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinions Pls - Leaving in 10 Days :) - Crystal Beach

Since you will be here mid May I would venture to guess that water temps would be in 75-77 degrees. A little cool but definitely able to enjoy after the initial shock. Seeing plenty of people in the water even now.

OP, KS
Level Contributor
413 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Opinions Pls - Leaving in 10 Days :) - Crystal Beach

What MBL said.

We've being coming the two week before Memorial Day for the last 5 years or so. tI might be a little chilly at first, but after sitting in the sun for a while, it feels great.

Cincinnati, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Opinions Pls - Leaving in 10 Days :) - Crystal Beach

Good to know! So I shouldn't be too worried about the heated pool?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,515 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Opinions Pls - Leaving in 10 Days :) - Crystal Beach

Even if the pool isn't heated, it should be warm enough to swim in. Our heated pool was out of order for one day, so I tried the non-heated one. It was swimmable, but cooler than I like (I prefer it about 85, but I'm a wimp). Even walking in the water along the gulf it wasn't too bad. Yesterday was HOT and humid, today's cooler temps of mid-upper 70's felt good.

Missouri
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Opinions Pls - Leaving in 10 Days :) - Crystal Beach

Hey Frozen! You must be having a great time in Destin. I haven't seen you on here in awhile. We need a beach update and a trip report would be really nice. THX!

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,515 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Opinions Pls - Leaving in 10 Days :) - Crystal Beach

Sadly, on our way back this second. Sitting in a hotel in Evansville, IN. I'll try and get one out there soon. Good to hear from your MikeBarb. I miss the bunch that was so active in the past. The good weather will be NOW. We had some warmth, but a lot of rain, cool and wind. Never had one like this, but still had palm trees and dolphins. Better than snow and Canada Geese!

Mentioned in this post
Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,916 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Opinions Pls - Leaving in 10 Days :) - Crystal Beach

It really has been a strange spring this year - looks like we should have sunny skies and upper 70's for the rest of the week.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,515 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Opinions Pls - Leaving in 10 Days :) - Crystal Beach

Oh of course!! When we got back to Wisconsin it was warmer than some of our days in Destin. However, I am happy for the rest of you--and my daughter and SIL who are on their last night. Enjoy everyone! I did buy some shrimp in honor of Destin at the grocery store tonight. Sadly, they're not Royal Reds, They're Bangladesh LOL!

Mentioned in this post
Wisconsin
Wisconsin
United States
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Missouri
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Opinions Pls - Leaving in 10 Days :) - Crystal Beach

Palm trees and Dolphins! Love that! I will be checking in on a trip report. 29 days to go. Time flys by in Destin. Sorry about your rainy weather tho. How many days for you now? We always make our next reservation before we leave. haha I know...I'm hooked. Always enjoy reading your adventures. Thx! BarB

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,515 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Opinions Pls - Leaving in 10 Days :) - Crystal Beach

M/B/Br, how many days?? Too depressing, not it's 350! I suppose I could have posted on Days to Destin, but it would be so pathetic. However, congrats to our Original Poster who is probably there right now. Enjoy Erica and let us know how it's going. It may be a while before I can do my TR, but it will give me something to look forwards to.

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL