We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Topsail Hill State Park Tours

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,741 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Topsail Hill State Park Tours

TOPSAIL TOURS YEAR-ROUND

Topsail Hill Preserve State Park

Call the park or check the website for fees, schedules, and location.

Join a park ranger for interesting interpretive programs offered weekly. We offer a wide variety of programs throughout the year on the following topics: Fishing in the Surf, Butterfly Walk, Shorebird Safari, Bombs Away, Sea Turtles, Wildlife Puppet Show, The Choctawhatchee Beach Mouse, Freshwater Fishing, Native Medicinal Plants, Snakes and Beyond, Beachcombing, Flint Knapping, Sharks, Coastal Dune Lakes, Ecosystems of Topsail, Birds of Prey, and Alligators. Call (850)267-8330 for more details.

If you want to learn more about this area I recommend going to these. You can contact them before you head into town to see what they have planned for that week. Tomorrow at 10 am they are having the Fishing in the surf at 10 am and the Beach Mouse one this Saturday at 1 pm.

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,279 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Topsail Hill State Park Tours

I love the beach mouse. It's presence has stopped developers in their tracks who would have destroyed the beaches with yet more condos in Walton County.

Not to be confused with the titmouse, which is actually a bird...

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,741 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Topsail Hill State Park Tours

I went to one on shorebirds with a 12 year old girl - while there she exclaimed -" look a beach mouse," Had to tell her no that is just a rat. Beach mice are very hard to catch a glimpse of and very endangered.

There is also a band playing in this area called "Beach Mice"

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,502 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Topsail Hill State Park Tours

LOL, MBL! Reminds me of my experience with well, not a beach mouse.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,619 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Topsail Hill State Park Tours

Topsail is one of the very best purchases made by the state when its conservation and recreation lands acquisition program was at its peak, around 1990.

Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
477 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Topsail Hill State Park Tours

I stayed at Cape San Blas last month and the camping area had beach mice everywhere. They were in the bushes and along the roads. Very easy to watch.

6. Re: Topsail Hill State Park Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2014, 06:17