We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoreline Towers

Northwest OH
14 posts
Save Topic
Shoreline Towers

I haven't really seen any recent reviews for Shoreline Towers. Has anyone out there stayed here recently? We are going to be there in a few weeks and I just wondered if anyone had any opinions they would like to share regarding their recent stay there. I know experience depends upon the individual unit but I am more so looking for information on the beach scene there and the complex itself and its surroundings. Thanks!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shoreline Towers

We've stayed in the condo complex directly to the east--South Bay--for about 15 years. We really like that specific area. Both your complex and ours is on a wider strip of land between the busy Hwy 98 and the gulf so you're close to the beach without crossing any streets. The beach has been recently reclaimed/re-nourished so it's in good shape. The area has more of a resort feel, due to the larger property.

We like the location as directly to the west is Shoreline Drive which is a quite street paralleling the hwy so it's nice to walk along there. But you're close to 98 there are plenty of shops, grocery stores and restaurants, even within a longer walking distance. The Shoreline Mall is right between you and 98 and is slowly trying to come back. There's a good restaurant, The Lighthouse there popular with the older folks, with very good food.

Shoreline Towers is, I believe, the oldest highrise in Destin, but generally, at least from what I can see, well kept up. Most of Destin's accommodations are. The grounds include the highrises along the gulf, but there are also town homes to the north with very pretty grounds and tennis courts. For several years, the condos we stayed at overlooked the tennis courts and those grounds. We did check into staying there, but there's limited availability at the town homes, and we don't like high rises. In spring when we go, it's not as packed with people as the areas further east tend to be. One reason is that nearby, Sandpiper Cover has more seniors, so the lifestyle isn't as much sun and partying, which is a positive if you want it just a bit quieter. However, in the high seasons, that DOESN'T mean an empty beach, just maybe not quite as crowded as other areas.

I've never been in the high rise itself, so I can't give much info, but as you say, it depends on the individual owner.

Northwest OH
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shoreline Towers

Thanks for the info! GO BROWNS

3. Re: Shoreline Towers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 06:17