We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two 60ish and 70ish healthy visiting

Pearland
1 post
Save Topic
Two 60ish and 70ish healthy visiting

Were looking for local people and things of interest to do and see. One of us heard of the "holy city"? Can you advise us with regard to that? Also restaurants that are not too loud in order to have a conversation while dinning. We drink wine, any vineyards to visit? This is our first visit and we want it to be fun but relaxing. Thanks

Alabama
Level Contributor
969 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two 60ish and 70ish healthy visiting

Are you looking for the Orlando forum? Your mention of "the holy city" makes me wonder....

destin florida
Level Contributor
536 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two 60ish and 70ish healthy visiting

Not sure what you are looking for ? Destin has sugar white sand beaches and water. We are on the Gulf. We have no vineyards. Holy City ???

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two 60ish and 70ish healthy visiting

Well, I do think Destin is the "holy city" but probably not in the context you are referring to! I agree you must be on the wrong forum.

Edited: 11 August 2013, 15:24
Thomaston
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two 60ish and 70ish healthy visiting

Panama City Beach is not far from Destin and has a winery that is a popular tourist attraction. Don't think you could call PCB a holy city! Not sure where that may be.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
464 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two 60ish and 70ish healthy visiting

Isn't the Holy City in Jeruseleum?

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two 60ish and 70ish healthy visiting

There is a place called Holy Land Experience in Orlando.

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two 60ish and 70ish healthy visiting

I finally figured out the OP's meaning. This has been very puzzling. She mearly misspelled "Holy City" it should have been "Holey City" as in sinkholey, and yes MBL it was in Orlando:

…orlandosentinel.com/2013-08-15/news/os-disn…

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Two 60ish and 70ish healthy visiting

Merely? That Freud was onto something.

9. Re: Two 60ish and 70ish healthy visiting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 06:19