We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Read

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach Read

Wishing all on the TA boards a great holiday. Your updates keep me going between visits. I just picked up a new book, The Forgotten by David Baldacci. It is set in a fictitious town called Paradise, about 5 miles East of Destin.. Fun to read about all the familiar places. It is my vicarious visit to Destin over the holidays. Wish I was curled up in a beach chair reading it but will have to be content with sitting by the fire in 5 degree weather with snow and ice outside. Counting the days.......

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
547 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Read

Thanks Leena, That sounds fantastic! I'm with you on the icy cold, I'm Over IT!

Pensacola, Florida
Destination Expert
for Pensacola
Level Contributor
816 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Read

Don't get it twisted. We are suffering through the cold here on the Gulf Coast, too. Today is only a high of 58. I actually have to wear closed toed shoes today. The horrors : )

United States
Level Contributor
6,053 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Read

Thanks for the book suggestion. I don't usually read his novels, (no particular reason why not), but I will look for this one for sure.

Missouri
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
1,801 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Read

58 degrees and closed toed shoes. That is pretty perfect for December. Thanks Leena for the book suggestion. I will tell my hubby. I can't read on the beach. Have a hard time focusing on words when I have so much to look at!

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Read

58 sounds like heaven - we made to the trek to see the family to Chicago and have experienced - snow ice - below zero temps and wind chills of 25 below. Can't wait for 60 and sunny - Home soon.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Read

Glad we were able to put on the whole dog-and-pony-show for your visit :-)

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Read

Thanks MsCheap - It has definitely reminded me why we moved. I am definitely enjoying the pizza and italian beefs though..

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Read

I agree, it has to be very light reading on the beach! We are from KC and are annual fall visitors to Destin. Now, recently retired, is two visits per year too much? Will be stopping in Destin for a few days in early January on our way to Marco Island. Just want to see what it is like at that time of year in Destin. I'm sure we will be back in Destin in the fall again! Thanks for all your posts!

9. Re: Beach Read

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 06:18