We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which airport--Pensacola vs Panama City Beach

houston
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
Which airport--Pensacola vs Panama City Beach

We are renting a beach house in Destin and flying in from Houston. Is one of these airports preferable.? Fares are the same. Also, we will be renting a car, so do fees differ among the airports?

Thanks for the help.

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which airport--Pensacola vs Panama City Beach

We always fly into VPS Fort Walton Beach, convenient.

Colmar, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which airport--Pensacola vs Panama City Beach

Check for flights at all three airports, PNS, VPS and ECP. Compare rental car prices as well. ECP was higher when they first opened.

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which airport--Pensacola vs Panama City Beach

Fort Walton Beach - VPS puts you an hour closer.

St. Paul
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which airport--Pensacola vs Panama City Beach

Typically Fort Walton Beach costs more to fly into and a little more to rent a car from than Pensacola (at least from MN). I've never flown into PCB. You should be able to do a car rental search online from both and get a rental rate.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which airport--Pensacola vs Panama City Beach

We fly into Pensacola or Panama City simply because of Southwest/Air Tran.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,204 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which airport--Pensacola vs Panama City Beach

I see you may have answered your own question. We drive, but our daughter and son-in-law fly down from WI so we pick them up at the airport. I'd say it also depends on where you'll actually be staying in "Destin". Some people use that name as a generic for anything from Blue Mountain to Okaloosa Island to Mary Esther. We've driven to VPS and Pensacola numerous times and prefer VPS, because from where we stay, I'd not consider PC as it's too far east.

We actually are in Destin, plus I really dislike the drive to PC, we did it a few years ago on our way from St. Augustine and we'd not do that again. While if you have a little extra time (like 10 or 15 minutes), the drive along Navarre is so beautiful, it makes it easier to actually get on the plane in Pensacola.

houston
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which airport--Pensacola vs Panama City Beach

Thanks to everyone for all of the helpful tips. We booked our flight from Houston into Panama City Beach airport because flight times were better and fares were cheapest.

We won't need a rental car once we get to Destin because our friends are driving in and we will use their car. Does anyone know of a shuttle service from Panama City Beach airport to Destin. The beach house we are renting in just off 30/98 at the intersection of 293.

Thanks for any suggestions.

8. Re: Which airport--Pensacola vs Panama City Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 05:17