We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in later April

Michigan, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in later April

Hi everyone, my family and I are coming to Destin April 18-25. I am nervous about the temps. Are they typically warm enough to swim, play at the pool, wear shorts, etc.? I am from Michigan so anything will feel better than -20. I just don't want to be chilly and I want to make sure we pack right.

Slinger, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in later April

We will be there the week before you and you (we) should have decent weather by then. If you look at the next 5 days, temps are fluctuating between high 50's to low 70's. By mid to late April, temps should be averaging in the mid to high 70's. Hopefully. We swim in the Gulf every year despite the cool water temperatures. Granted, we're coming from WI so anything feels good to us. Besides, I can't go on vacation and NOT go in the Gulf! When we go, we pack everything from shorts and t-shirts to long pants and sweatshirts for cooler nights. Have a great trip!

Michigan, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in later April

Yes, I agree!! We must swim in the Gulf. This is our first time to Destin. I know my kids would swim in the 60s but I am kinda a wimp. I can't wait, I have heard such great things about it!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
553 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in later April

Hey hey, We'll all be there the same week! We always go at Easter (School Break) last year the weather was a little spotty, but we have never been disappointed in the weather, as you said it's better than what we've been having in the Midwest. I didn't swim in the gulf last year but then I never get in past my knees anyway! Most years it has been very warm to hot, I have never packed anything more than a jacket and some yoga pants, it's shorts etc. for us. If something weird happens with the weather though, there are plenty of outlets and cool stores to pick up warmer things! Have fun, I know we are sooo ready for some beach time!!

Michigan, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in later April

Great! Thanks for your input! Have a great trip!! I am beyond excited!!!

WI
Level Contributor
26 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in later April

West bend wi heading down april 10-20.

Edited: 05 March 2014, 01:35
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in later April

Not to far from you, coming from just north of Milwaukee, we are driving, anyone else driving? Coming the 14-19

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
925 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in later April

We are driving from Arkansas 16-21.

WI
Level Contributor
26 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply