We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AMI/Siesta vs. Destin/Pensacola for vacation in May/June?

Poelkapelle, Belgium
9 posts
Save Topic
AMI/Siesta vs. Destin/Pensacola for vacation in May/June?

I posted it in another forum but maybe I can also get a lot of help here.

I am going to bring my wife to Florida for vacation from the end of May to first week of June. We just want a place with beautiful views to relax from our busy work. Since we are not a big fan of going into big cities, I've narrowed down to AMI/Siesta region and Destin/Pensacola region. We've never been too Florida before, so which of these two do you recommend in that time of the year? Which of these two regions will see less rain at that time?

We plan to stay at a suite and cook mostly by ourselves, so having good restaurants in the region is not a top priority.

Thanks!

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,689 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AMI/Siesta vs. Destin/Pensacola for vacation in May/June?

I don;t think you could lose with either area. During the time frame both will be busy and both will offer beautiful beaches, warm water and temps. Also as far as rain is concerned - most of the time either of these may get a shower passing through but you will more than likely not have days where it is constantly raining. But it is all up to Mother Nature.

Smyrna, TN
Level Contributor
196 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AMI/Siesta vs. Destin/Pensacola for vacation in May/June?

In Destin you may be hitting the beginning of high season and more crowds the end of May and beginning of June. It is still a good time to visit because the weather will be warm but not as hot as July and August. AMI is farther south so it can be a little warmer than Destin but it won't be as crowded as Destin since their high season is during the winter months.

We love both locations (we normally don't stay in Destin, but a little west in Fort Walton Beach because it is less crowded) and highly recommend both areas.

georgia
Level Contributor
490 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AMI/Siesta vs. Destin/Pensacola for vacation in May/June?

Since good restaurants are not a top priority to you, i would recommend siesta/ami..i would usually vote for destin, but the crowds in destin are going to be much more than siesta, siesta's high season is actually mid january to mother's day...i would recommend taking your wife out to at least one dinner, preferably a romantic one, and that would be Ophelia's on the bay at siesta...also check out st.armand's circle in sarasota for boutique shopping.

4. Re: AMI/Siesta vs. Destin/Pensacola for vacation in May/June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 12:35
United States
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AMI/Siesta vs. Destin/Pensacola for vacation in May/June?

AMI sounds like the place for which you are looking. The northern part of the island is a bit quieter. It's all the same island, but 3 different areas, so to speak. City of Anna Maria is quietest, Holmes Beach the middle, and the southern end, Bradenton Beach, the most commercial. None of it is highly commercial though. It's a good place to relax, especially if you can get there before schools are out and families show up. Keep in mind that is a holiday time, Memorial Day weekend, it sounds like you are talking about.

Anna Maria has some quaint older homes, Holmes Beach has both old and new, Bradenton Beach has more condos, if that helps any. A free trolley will take you the whole length of the island.

6. Re: AMI/Siesta vs. Destin/Pensacola for vacation in May/June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 05:28