We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interesting shops

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Westfield, IN
2 posts
Save Topic
Interesting shops

We're in Destin right now. It's a stormy day, so we might do some shopping. I'm not interested in a regular mall with chain stores, although we may check out the outlet mall. Looking for something interesting, maybe artsy. Stores catering to tourists are fine, but don't want the jumbo swimsuit/t-shirt type shops that seem to be on every corner. Any ideas for us? We have 2 adults and 1 teen daughter.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,505 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interesting shops

Retail Therapy and Etc Etc Etc down 98 in Santa Rosa Beach. Near Louis Louis restaurant. Banana Bart's south side of 98 from Hogsbreath area. Or try the shops upstairs on the harbor across from Harry T's.

United States
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interesting shops

Footprints; on 98, east of the outlet mall

Geronimo's Outpost; in strip center with Pancakery

Zoo Gallery; Sandestin Grand Blvd.

Altar'd State; Sandestin Grnd Blvd.

Edited: 07 April 2014, 15:52
Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
711 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Interesting shops

You could have lunch at Red Bar in Grayton Beach and then look around in the Zoo Gallery and some of the shops at Shops of Grayton or Grayton Corners.

United States
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interesting shops

fyi . . . Zoo Gallery has two shops. DestinMel is talking about a different one than at Sandestin Grand Blvd.

Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
326 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Interesting shops

If you like to cook, head over to Olive on Emerald Coast Pkwy. Lots of imported balsamics with fresh bread for sampling, it was yummy!

United States
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Interesting shops

Also, Emerald Coast Wine Cellars on Scenic Gulf Drive by Bad A** Coffee shop. They have a gift shop, not just wines to buy. They also have wine sampling.

georgia
Level Contributor
490 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Interesting shops

There are all kinds of boutiques and other cute shops all up and down 30A...

grady,al
Level Contributor
303 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Interesting shops

Banana Bart's is my favorite little shop down there. It is on the left if you are heading towards the bridge from Destin to Fort Walton.

Westfield, IN
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Interesting shops

Thanks all. You really helped. We went up and down 30A and stopped at a few places. Had lunch at the Red Bar. Banana Barts was closed by the time we got there, but we'll go back. Today brings more rain, but luckily no day has been a total washout. Day three here and hoping a little sun creeps in soon!!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Interesting shops

Lily Chartier's in the shops next to Maguire's (west side of 98, right before the bridge) has really neat hand made jewelery in addition to other pieces. She uses very good quality beads and materials. I'm usually not a bead person, but I've bought several of her pieces.I got one of her Swarovski crystal bracelet's for my daughter's wedding, I received lots of compliments on it.