We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fox Point, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

We are staying that the Edgewater and have the past 2 years. Just curious to hear from people who've stayed at the Sandestin. We just got back Baytowne Wharf and the kids and husband are interested in staying there next year. It is a beautiful property I'm just not sure it is my jam. What are the perks if staying at the Sandestin vs. visiting?

Mn
Level Contributor
437 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

One perk would be tram service, While that, on the surface may not appear to be much, it is quite handy getting to Baytowne and back from the beach area.

Fox Point, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

We are beachfront/ocean view at the Edgewater. I really want to do a low-rise building in a less developed area next year. Kids and DH think Sandestin is where they want to be.

ATL
Level Contributor
238 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

Because the weather is so iffy for spring break time, I much prefer the activity laden areas like San Destin, Seaside etc because there is stuff to do, easily accessible, if the weather doesn't cooperate. For summer, it matters less to me, because you mostly do ok weather wise and the beach can easily be the main entertainment.

Fox Point, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

Thanks last minute Mom. Can you please elaborate on activities available at these resorts?

U.S.
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

I agree with last minute mom. We have been to Sandestin 3 times now and have loved it everytime. Once during spring break and twice during the summer. We have our condo booked for this summer also. Our first visit was during spring break and the weather was not so great. Kind of chilly most days to be on the beach but Sandestin had plenty of other things to do. We rented bikes and rode on some of the bike trails. There is the Baytown area, tennis courts, basketball courts, and last year we even took some fishing poles and the kids fished in some little ponds around the golf courses (as long as they threw the fish back) They have fireworks down at Baytown area every week and they have them on the beach also. Just seem like there is a lot to do and a lot of action going on. One complaint people have is that the beach property is small and there are so many people in the summer. Very crowded. Well it is but...... we love all the people and action. People playing football, flying kites, playing music under tents they have set up. I can't imagine taking my kids to a secluded quiet beach. I think they would be bored for the week. We love the beachside two condo building. The higher the floor the better. Great views!

houston
Level Contributor
138 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

Thanks for these posts. We are booked at this resort for this upcoming weekend and it will be our first time in Destin. I wanted something beach front, but because this was last-minute, availability and price were a concern. Got a great deal but I was wondering about the tram service to get to the beach and how that beach area was in general...I will definitely post a review (hopefully favorable!) when we return

U.S.
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

where did you book to stay at? You might just be able to walk to the beach depending on how far you are.

houston
Level Contributor
138 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

We booked at Sandestin golf and beach resort, a lake front condo. I think it's a mile away from the beach so we'll be using the tram. I was curious about how the tram works: how frequent it runs, how much space there is on it, etc and how the beach area itself is. Leaving this weekend :) We are all in pretty good shape so walking a mile or two to the beach wouldn't be a big deal except for the stuff we'd be carrying.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

In addition to the tram, there is a parking lot near the beach access if you want to drive. Avoids having to wait for the tram.

Edited: 12 May 2014, 21:08
10. Re: Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 05:15