We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jackacuda's?? Any one tried it

Berryville, Arkansas
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Jackacuda's?? Any one tried it

So I'm trying to plan on where I need to try and where to skip. And the reviews of this place if you look close seem to be either over the top "This is the BEST place on the planet". To horrible service and small portions. I would love a honest review from someone with more than 1 review history. ;)

central NJ
Level Contributor
376 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jackacuda's?? Any one tried it

I was in Destin last week and we went to Jackacudas. I thought the service and food were very good. I did not think the portions were small at all. The atmosphere is casual.

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jackacuda's?? Any one tried it

I didn't do an official review, but mentioned an earlier thread that we tried it a couple of weeks ago. It had just opened (week or two) and the food was good but the service was a little sketchy.... I think the service thing will work itself out! Hope to return to the harbor again soon before the crowds get here and give it another try!

Manhattan, Kansas
Level Contributor
293 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jackacuda's?? Any one tried it

I am with you on this one. There are multiple people on there with only one review, all for Jackacuda, and all stellar. Questionable for sure. We would like to go there but tried last week and could never get the hostess to take our name down. She kept telling us that someone else was taking the names and would be with us soon. Never saw this "other person" so we left.

United States
Level Contributor
6,596 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jackacuda's?? Any one tried it

I've always trusted these reviews by frequent TA contributors rather than the ones posted by one hit wonders. The reviews where they name their wait staff person, and are over the top about their service, are the ones that seem likely to be restaurant requested ones to me.

We'll likely try it and hope that they have worked out any opening issues by then.

Manhattan, Kansas
Level Contributor
293 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jackacuda's?? Any one tried it

The prior tenant at this location (Poppy's Crazy Lobster) would offer a free dessert for a positive TripAdvisor review.

Manhattan, Kansas
Level Contributor
293 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jackacuda's?? Any one tried it

Well, we should have ignored this place. Over priced, small portions, average food. Service was well below what we would expect for the inflated prices (slow and impersonal) The food wasn't bad just not worth it.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jackacuda's?? Any one tried it

Not to defend Jackacuda's (as I have not been there yet) but almost anyplace in the Harbor is overpriced. The leasing fees there are huge. Location Location Location. Hopefully they will last longer than the last 2-3 restaurants that have been in the spot.

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jackacuda's?? Any one tried it

Patrons will also foot an extra "HarborWalk Fee". Take a look at your bill closely at any of the harbor restaurants and you'll see an additional 1% charge at the very bottom.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jackacuda's?? Any one tried it

JM, are you serious? How long has that been there?

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jackacuda's?? Any one tried it

Harbor Fee has been being added for some time now... I heard that if you complain, they will remove it, but never have tried it?!? It's the Peter Bos tax...