We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did Destiny by Sea area get flooded ?

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Did Destiny by Sea area get flooded ?

I have trip planned for next week wondered if Destiny by Sea area got flooded ?

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,591 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Did Destiny by Sea area get flooded ?

Drove by the area yesterday - seems to be fine

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Did Destiny by Sea area get flooded ?

Thanks that's a relief someone posted on another site that they drove by and the front gate area was flooded bad.

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Did Destiny by Sea area get flooded ?

I just drove down a couple of streets where the water is at least 18" - 24" deep close to the beach in Walton Co. Lots of ponds that I have never seen before all over the area. Long time residents agree this is the most water dumped in a short period of time that they can recall - ever!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Did Destiny by Sea area get flooded ?

Which streets?

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
325 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Did Destiny by Sea area get flooded ?

JoeMammy, did you happen to go by WaterSound or have you heard anything? I can't seem to find any info and have a group of 16 booked to go at the beginning of June. I emailed the property manager, but understandably haven't heard anything yet. I don't want to bug her and seem insensitive, but we have a lot of money invested in this vacation.

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Did Destiny by Sea area get flooded ?

Alot of the coastal lakes have flooded. The only entrance to Destiny West is underwater, the lake breached across the interior streets. Gulf Pines lakes merged and created a rush river to Hidden Dunes lake which flooded to the high rises, elevators are out in Grand Villas.

Have not headed down 30A, I'm sure they have their hands full of flooded streets too.

There are still many streets closed in Destin, I just had to detour by Fresh Market.

Oh yeah, it is still raining...

United States
Level Contributor
6,294 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Did Destiny by Sea area get flooded ?

I remember you said how you were looking forward to this trip, James, so if it had to rain that much, I'm happy for you that it was this week and not next week.

Sorry frozen, that it was your week there though.

United States
Level Contributor
6,294 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Did Destiny by Sea area get flooded ?

Forgot to add my question for Joe. Is the entrance to Destiny West so flooded that cars, or at least SUVs, cannot get through?

Hernando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Did Destiny by Sea area get flooded ?

I did not see any cars attempting the DW entrance. I did see people wading in water above their knees.

Not near the usual amount of traffic on 98. I would not be out and about unless I had to.

Most of the work force in Destin comes over the bridges from FWB and Niceville, and many have stayed home.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Did Destiny by Sea area get flooded ?

Did you go near Destiny by the Sea ? where is Destiny West when I google it I get nothing. The agency I am renting from tells me Destiny by the Sea was not affected by the flooding ?

Edited: 01 May 2014, 18:45