We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Houston to Destin with a stop at Lamberts?

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
483 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Houston to Destin with a stop at Lamberts?

Another post on this forum alerted me to the fact that there is a Lambert's in Alabama on the way to Destin from Texas. It's a fun restaurant and I think it would be a nice stop, but having visited other Lambert's locations, I know they can be very crowded.

So my questions:

1. If we stop for lunch on a Saturday in June with a party of 12, is there any hope of not waiting hours?

2. How far out of the way is it? On a map it didn't look too bad.

Level Contributor
40 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Houston to Destin with a stop at Lamberts?

I am the recommender!! It's a little out of the way but will only add 30-40 min on your travel time. Don't let the line scare you. It moves so fast. They have a nice system running there and deliver the food quick. We had 30 people with us and set us near each other at the same time. It was a blast and worth the stop. Really added to the trip. Great place to start off an awesome vaca.

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Houston to Destin with a stop at Lamberts?

It's been awhile since I went there, but to the best of my memory, you are looking at 30 to 40 minutes one way to Lamberts..... Good homestyle cooking and of course the throwed rolls and staff walking around with extra veggies (most fried)....but I'm not sure if I would drive that far out of the way for it?!?

Level Contributor
40 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Houston to Destin with a stop at Lamberts?

It is about 30 min south of the normal route. But highway 98 runs through foley. Lamberts is an hour away from gulf breeze on highway 98. Which is how far gulf breeze is from the exit. So it only adds the 30 min or so getting to it to the overall trip. For us we are usually arriving around time to eat dinner or lunch depending on where we stayed the night before so it's a nice stop and a different route.

Indiana
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Houston to Destin with a stop at Lamberts?

I'm so jealous!

We've only ever been to the Lambert's in Missouri, the original.

While planning this trip to Destin, I seriously mapped out the trip going all the way down to Alabama for Lambert's then cut over to Destin. It added almost two hours to the trip, not including the actual meal itself, so I just couldn't justify it.

Enjoy!

United States
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Houston to Destin with a stop at Lamberts?

Yikes! I've been to the Sikeston Lamberts several times and the food was tasty and the place was fun. But I wouldn't drive out of my way when I was on the way to the beach!! Get some KFC and get yourselves to Destin! lol

Edited: 13 May 2014, 02:16
Missouri
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Houston to Destin with a stop at Lamberts?

Ha! KFC would be a better choice. Lamberts is in Ozark, MO, just up the road from Branson, MO and everytime I go by there the parking lot is packed with busses and tons of people waiting outside. The food is ok if you like heavy meals.

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Houston to Destin with a stop at Lamberts?

Been to the one in Sikeston and Foley, but definitely would not go out of the way for it...

Level Contributor
40 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Houston to Destin with a stop at Lamberts?

This post is making me feel like a fat kid. Ha ha. For us it only adds 30 min to our drive time. (Plus the time to eat) so it's totally worth it. The food is good, it's vacation, I am not in a hurry, and the experience of the location is worth it in my opinion. But if your not a foodie and in a huge hurry to arrive then I would skip it. But for is we end up having to kill about 2-3 hours when we arrive until we can check in so it's a perfect place.

Pensacola, Florida
Destination Expert
for Pensacola
Level Contributor
816 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Houston to Destin with a stop at Lamberts?

I'd suggest a non chain place such as Fisherman's Corner in Perdido Key.

10. Re: Houston to Destin with a stop at Lamberts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 05:17