We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

condo clarity and recommendations

O'Fallon, Missouri
9 posts
Save Topic
condo clarity and recommendations

I am researching where to stay while in the panhandle this year and am getting very confused.

Maybe you can offer some insight.

Majestic Sun....Are there multiple buildings owned by several different companies or hotel chains? I see Wyndham and then I see Majestic Sun @ Seascape. What is the difference or are they the same thing?

Then I had someone say something about Seascape. Is that the same as the Majestic Sun @ Seascape or totally different?

From what I can tell these are across the street. Will this pose a problem for 18 & 15 yr olds to get back and forth without a parent? Is there much to do for teens around this area?

My other consideration is Ft. Walton Beach. I was given an address and when I punched it into Google it shows it too is a wyndham property. ??

When dealing with Wyndham properties I was under the understanding that no "unit" was confirmed until check in. True or false? If true how do I truly know what my view is? what the décor is? what the sleeping set up is? Do I get the perks of Wyndham or is each on time shared so that I only get the perks given to me by the time share owner?

Is Ft. Walton a good location for teens?

Please help!! Thank you !!

O'Fallon, Missouri
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: condo clarity and recommendations

has anyone stayed in Wyndham Vacation Resorts at Majestic Sun, unit 657? need to know what it faces and what the inside looks like. Can't seem to get any pictures of the exact unit...which scares me a little.

Level Contributor
227 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: condo clarity and recommendations

I try to stick with renting with owners myself Have better rates and I know I get the unit I like. use vrbo and a filter option allows for Owners condos.

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/florida/north-west/destin/scenic-gulf-dr-central-east/majestic-sun?managed+by=Owner

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: condo clarity and recommendations

All units at Majestic Sun have great views of the gulf. Wyndham units are time share units with maybe a partial view. Majestic is in Seascape resort. No problem with kids crossing street at Majestic and they will love the location. I believe the Destin area a little more upscale over Ft Walton. Only a opinion as I dont want FTW folks yelling at me. We have enjoyed Majestic for years.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,634 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: condo clarity and recommendations

Majestic Sun has just opened up a beach store called Treasure Island on their lower level. Contains all the t-shirts - boards toys etc you will need. Don't know about prices as I just walked by. Talk about convenience.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,463 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: condo clarity and recommendations

There you go travelinmom. Lots of replies. Glad you re-posted here.

O'Fallon, Missouri
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: condo clarity and recommendations

do the wyndham ones also have a good view? I thought the non-wyndham building sat in front..possibly blocking.??

O'Fallon, Missouri
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: condo clarity and recommendations

Yes, I prefer an owner also. However, this particular couple, I am guessing has a time share they are trying to rent. Therefore the same unit may not be available. They gave me the unit number that would be assigned to us but without seeing the inside I am leary. Maybe I shouldn't be but I am. Noone seems to be able to tell me anything other than look on Wyndham's website. Those are generic pics..I would prefer the real deal from the actual condo. :-)

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
2,892 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: condo clarity and recommendations

The Wyndham timeshare units will not have a direct view of the gulf....

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
2,892 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: condo clarity and recommendations

To answer your other original question... Majestic Sun is a condo building, which happens to be in the Seascape Resort. All of the condos in Majestic Sun are individually owned, and the owners then contract with a Property Management Company (or choose to do it themselves) to rent their place. There are probably more than a dozen rental companies who will rent Majestic Sun condos.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: condo clarity and recommendations

Personally I think the best choice is Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort. Much nicer that staying in a massive condo building overlooking the busy road (Old 98) and then the gulf. Resort has security and is a gated community with a bunch of things for teens to do versus crossing a busy highway. Last bit of advice - rent a condo from a VRBO listing and save $$$$