We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rehearsal Dinner

Nashville, Tennessee
6 posts
Save Topic
Rehearsal Dinner

Warmest Greetings!

I was hoping that you could give some counsel, please?!? We just found out that our son and his Sweetheart are getting married at the beach on August 22, 2014. As Mother of the Groom, I am trying to plan a rehearsal dinner for a party of 30 adults and 2 young children...for the evening of August 21st. It is proving more difficult than I expected...I live in Nashville, TN. So, I was hoping that you could give some recommendations. please. Our first choice was to have it somewhere close to the beach...under a covered pavilion...where we could possibly have a bonfire. I don't know if there is a budget friendly venue on the beach that we could rent/reserve and have the food catered? The only thing that I have been able to find are places that are super nice, all inclusive and really expensive...or a beach pavilion at a state park that's free but that you can't reserve. I am looking for a venue that is in between those extremes! Or is there a restaurant in the area that you would recommend for a party that size...again not overly expensive but not cheap... something nice! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I want this to be a special evening for our son and his Bride!

Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!!

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rehearsal Dinner

Try Pompano Joes - Don't know what your budget is - but they will do a dinner on the beach for around 25.00 per person and then you can buy a kegs of beer or bottles of wine. Bonfire on the beach - you have get a permit form Walton County if you do that for $50.00. Plus have a fire pit so no mess on the beach.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rehearsal Dinner

There is a company called Bonfire Guy in Destin. I have never used them but you might want to give them a call and see what they could do for your group. They have a website and are on Facebook. Has anybody ever used this company? www.bonfireguy.com It looks like they can supply chairs, fire, music and some food.

champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
250 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rehearsal Dinner

My sister in law had her rehearsal dinner upstairs at Graffitis. We had the whole room to ourselves. The buffet was delicious.

4. Re: Rehearsal Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 06:16