We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A couple last min questions

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
961 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
A couple last min questions

We are only days away from Destin now and since the condo issue has been resolved we are excited once again! Friends of ours recommended we check out Howl at the Moon in Fort Walton on our first night. Anyone been there on a Sunday night?

I have a list of restaurants we have compiled from recommendations on this forum and from friends recommendations:

Harbor Docks

McGuires

Crab Trap

Pompano Joe's

Jackacudas

AJ's

Boathouse

Mello Mushroom

Donut Hole

The problem is we will only be there 5 nights and one night we will be attending a wedding. So... What would be your picks? I know Donut Hole is a bakery. Is it best for breakfast or dessert? I think we will try the Crab Trap the first night since it is next door to Howl at the Moon.

I would love to find a small beach bar to hang out at one evening. Maybe some live music. Last october when we were in Fort Myers we went to Smokin' Oyster Brewery several times. Great food, super casual atmosphere and tons of fun! Anything like that?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,522 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: A couple last min questions

Yes Mrs_Weaver, we all want to know the name of the resort for when we plan our other non Destin vacations!

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: A couple last min questions

I think it is sad, that you can't have both, a great view and great food. The places with the great views think that is enough, and you can serve mediocre food. If people did not accept it and stayed away they would improve. Went to the Back Porch once, food and service were awful. Would not waste my money again.

Missouri
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: A couple last min questions

If the food is bad....it means you need another drink. haha The views are amazing at Pompano Joes and Crab Trap. Hope you have a great time in paradise.

24. Re: A couple last min questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 06:18