We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harbor Walk - where do you park?

vicksburg
Level Contributor
263 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Harbor Walk - where do you park?

We attempted to go to the Harbor Walk about 2:30 today. We could not find parking (even at AJs) as many people could not. Looked like an accident waiting to happen, so we left and went elsewhere - as many people did. I see a parking lot about 2 blocks away and across Highway 98. Is that all there is for 'extra' parking? It really is too much of a circus down there and too dangerous. I doubt that we will go back to visit. I have been before and the shops are forgettable. I do like sitting at a water side table and watch the boats. Any advice?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harbor Walk - where do you park?

There is a huge amount of parking under the Emerald Grande. We've never had trouble finding a place to park there, although it wasn't July 4th weekend. Did you try parking in the free underground garage?

vicksburg
Level Contributor
263 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harbor Walk - where do you park?

Yes, they were blocked off. Maybe not a good time to go. Will try again later in the week then.

champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
247 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harbor Walk - where do you park?

I parked by the Red Door Saloon and then walked down to the Harbor. Good luck!

little rock
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Harbor Walk - where do you park?

We always park in the underground parking garage it was easy to access but were not there in July always in September

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harbor Walk - where do you park?

I hate underground parking (claustrophobia--it's a manmade cave) so hubby drops me off on top. That's the good news about coming after spring break in April and May. Parking may be tight, but we do find some.

Alabama
Level Contributor
969 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harbor Walk - where do you park?

Across the street (behind McGuire's) there's a community center or something....maybe you could park there? When we leave Dewey's, we cut across there to come out at the traffic light.

mississippi
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harbor Walk - where do you park?

Just visited July 5-12. Harborwalk is a mess! Always has been. View is AMAZING, but by the time I park, I have had 2 aneurysms, heart failure, and a mild stroke. Off topic I realize, but I observed the newly transformed magnolia tree fiasco for the first time. Let's just say, my Mississippi family is DONE with Harborwalk Village....

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harbor Walk - where do you park?

I was wondering how the tree looked now. When we saw it in April, I wasn't as angry as I thought I would be. If it truly couldn't be saved, maybe that was the way to go. But it made me more sad than appreciative of the artist's work. For those who didn't know the tree's previous state, they may find it interesting, rather than tacky and opportunistic.

I think a better way would have been, cut it down, use the wood to carve something, sell those items to give back to a restoration or charitable project and plant a new tree there. But they didn't ask us, did they?

Conway, Arkansas
Level Contributor
266 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harbor Walk - where do you park?

We love Harbor Walk Village! Yes, there are a lot of people, but what do you expect? That just confirms it's a desirable place. We've never had difficulty with parking; yeah, you may not zip right in but again, what do you expect? We typically go later in the evening....730 or 800'ish,.,...maybe that's why? We always go during peak season as well. I just love the atmosphere...Mardis Gras night is always cool. IMO it's more laid back than Village of Baytowne Wharf.

Brookland, Arkansas
Level Contributor
598 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Harbor Walk - where do you park?

We love the Harbor Walk parking can be tricky but worth it to us.