We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain

Camdenton
3 posts
Save Topic
Rain

We will be in Destin next week and looking at the forecast there is a very high chance of rain ALL week. Do you have any suggestions of activities to do on rainy days in Destin?

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
2,892 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain

Look at the top questions about Destin on the right side of the page.... During the summer, we usually have a 30 to 40% chance of rain every day... Usually doesn't rain every day, but if it does, it usually lasts 30 minutes to an hour and then clears back off.

Lots to do on a rainy day too if it does happen to be a rain out... Shopping, Movies, The Gulfarium, and much much more! Search the forum for rainy day activities and you will find more suggestions than you could ever do!

2. Re: Rain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 July 2014, 13:06
Moravia, Iowa
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain

We arrive on Saturday. I keep checking the forcast and it seems like it keeps getting worse! Its stressing me out. All I want is sunshine and clear water! :)

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,632 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain

My mom use to say 90% of what you worry about will never happen. Relax. Even with a 50% chance of rain you have a 50% chance it won't. I think overall the water has been really great this year.

Alabama
Level Contributor
953 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain

I don't know if it's open yet, but there's a new bowling alley, etc. with a restaurant. It's in the front parking lot (in the corner) of The Commons.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,632 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain

Uncle Bucks Fish Bowl and Grill is open - opened up around the 1st of July.

mandeville, la
Level Contributor
266 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain

Sometimes, on rainy or cold days, we just take the drive to Seaside and walk around with umbrellas, checking out the architecture and scenery. Of course, we always stop at some great place to have lunch such as the Red Bar!

Conway, Arkansas
Level Contributor
234 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain

I saw on facebook that Uncle Buck's is open; looks like a pretty neat place; neat idea; especially for the kiddos.

When it rains in Destin when we've been there; has ordinarily been short-lived; I enjoy sitting on the balcony, sipping a libation...watching it come across the ocean.

Conway, Arkansas
Level Contributor
234 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain

Doesn't take much to make me happy when in my happy place already..haha.

10. Re: Rain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 05:16