We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Okaloosa island/fwb area or sandestin/miramar area?

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lynnville, Tennessee
8 posts
Save Topic
Okaloosa island/fwb area or sandestin/miramar area?

Hi there,

I have always stayed at the sandestin hilton when coming to destin with my parents. This year my husband and I are looking to come but need something cheaper. We currently are booked at the ramada in fort walton/okaloosa island area. We are coming July 27-August 1. I recently found a deal for Top'sl in the sandestin/miramar beach area right by the hilton. They only have rooms available in our price range in the "summitt" condo which the guy described to me to be about 300 yards from the beach though they have other condos actually on the beach. I'm trying to decide if I should make the change or not. We only have until July 24th to cancel our current booking. Both seem to have their strong points, any thoughts?

Mn
Level Contributor
432 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Okaloosa island/fwb area or sandestin/miramar area?

I'm not sure how much info you will get on this since Tops'l Summit rarely comes up. I've never stayed at Ramada Okaloosa Island either. I can tell you that it is indeed about a 300 yard walk from Summit to the beach. It is an easy walk though, sidewalk or right down the middle of the road, since the only traffic will be to/from Beach Manor.

Depending on which floor you are on, you may or may not have a good view of the Gulf, since Beach Manor and Tides are in front. I think Summit may be the newer of the 3 largest condo buildings at Tops'l. It never seems to be overly busy there at the Summit.

I see you also posted on the Ok. island forum. Hopefully you get some response there.

2. Re: Okaloosa island/fwb area or sandestin/miramar area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 07:15