We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampton Inn & Suites Destin

Which Destin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
AID
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin

Could anyone who's stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Destin please tell me a little about the beach that is across the street? Is it nice and worth going to if staying at this hotel? We are also interested in renting bikes while here and wanted to know if the 30A bike trail runs near here. Lastly, we went to Pensacola last Labor Day weekend and the water was pretty awful. Is this the time of year when all the sea grass starts appearing or is it hard to predict. We'd love to stay in Seaside but it seems much more expensive....will we like Destin if we are expecting it to be like the Seaside/Watercolors area? Thank you!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
877 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hampton Inn & Suites Destin

The Hampton Inn is much like any other Hampton Inn. If you generally like to stay at Hampton Inn's, then this one will not be much different. That being said, it is not on the beach, so your best bet, at least for me, would be to drive into Henderson Park, and use the beach here. It is a very nice area with restrooms and changing areas available. There is a small fee to enter the park and it closes around dark. As far as the 30A bike path, you are a fair distance from this area, at least by bike. You could easily drive down to this area and then bike if that is an option for you. As with any area along the Gulf Coast, there are times when you will have to deal with the sea grass, jelly fish, the notorious "green eyed flies" that will leave a welp when they bite, and of couse there are also times when the " no seeums", mesquitos, yellow flies etc will be out, but let me clarify that this is not very often, so it is not a big issue. I personally think that the Crystal beach Miramar beach area's are some of the nicest in the state, and we have been to most of the so called must see beaches in Florida. I would say that if you do a look research, you may find that you could rent a condo for around the same price as a hotel, and you would have much more room and comfort.

United States
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hampton Inn & Suites Destin

You can certainly use the beach across the street from the Hampton Inn. It's the same beautiful water and beach as anywhere along there, but it is by a lot of high rises. What I mean by that, is that it will not have the same feel at all, as you would get staying in Seaside or WaterColor.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,401 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hampton Inn & Suites Destin

Seaside and WaterColor are small communities. Destin is a bigger town. They have a very different feel. The Hampton Inn would be good if you are only staying a few days otherwise you would do better with a condo. New jade and Doughnut have given good advice for you to think about.

4. Re: Hampton Inn & Suites Destin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 06:16