We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Multiple properties close by for large group famiy vaca

Louisville, KY
8 posts
Save Topic
Multiple properties close by for large group famiy vaca

We are planning a large family vacation to the Destin/ South Walton area. Approximately 11 or 12 families with lots of young kids. Any advice on how we can find multiple properties that are near each other to book? We are finding lots of great homes but don't know how to find multiple that we know will be near each other. We do not want to be miles apart! We would also consider multiple units in one condo complex but that would be our second choice. Three - four large homes would be ideal.

One very important point is we would like to stay east of the Destin area. I know we would have a lot more options if we would stay inside of Destin we would just prefer the crowds that come with the Blue Mountain, Santa Rosa, Grayton Beach, etc.

I am asking if anyone knows of particular neighborhoods/communities to search for, or if anyone could recommend an agency or realtor who could help us.

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Multiple properties close by for large group famiy vaca

We stayed in the Gulf Trace neighborhood in Grayton Beach. The house that we stayed in was Southern Sons and worked really well for our families. I loved the community and would love to stay in the Gulf Trace neighborhood again. The beach was not very crowded and there were lots of different house to rent. The one that I would like to rent is Mimosa Mornings...but it out of my budget! Good luck!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
471 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Multiple properties close by for large group famiy vaca

You might try Frangista Beach Rentals. They have a ton of homes for rent that are side by side along the beach. If you book early enough, you might be able to find 3 or 4 homes very close if not next to each other. Homes look very nice. Its not on 30A, closer to Destin, but still a nice area.

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Kansas City
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Multiple properties close by for large group famiy vaca

You might want to check in the Seagrove Beach area. Great for kids, they can walk and ride bikes in the neighborhood. Easy walk across street to the beach, or to Seaside,

Mentioned in this post
Seagrove Beach
Seagrove Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Multiple properties close by for large group famiy vaca

I hate to give away my secret about the best neighborhood on 30A, but you seem like a nice person...

http://www.oldfloridabeach.com/node/1

While these homes may rent from different agencies, you can easily see how close they are to each other on this website.

My second choice would be Adagio in Blue Mountain Beach. You can rent from owners on VRBO or go with the rental agency on site if you want to try to be in the same building and enjoy "one stop shopping".

Edited: 22 July 2014, 18:57
Mentioned in this post
Blue Mountain Beach
Blue Mountain Beach
53 Reviews
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Swansea, Illinois
Level Contributor
172 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Multiple properties close by for large group famiy vaca

We stay at The Palms of Dune Allen in Santa Rosa Beach.

Perfect location and no beach crowds. Love it!

Mentioned in this post
Santa Rosa Beach
Santa Rosa Beach
667 Reviews
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Destin
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Multiple properties close by for large group famiy vaca

The original post is from last year... Hopefully they were able to find some homes that placed them close to each other.

7. Re: Multiple properties close by for large group famiy vaca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2016, 05:15