We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report July 11 - 19

Bossier City LA
11 posts
Save Topic
Trip Report July 11 - 19

Another amazing trip to New Orleans/Destin, our two favorite places in the world. This was our 11 year to visit including getting married here, this is now our second home.

We left from Bossier City Louisiana early friday morning and drove to New Orleans, we stayed overnight to break the trip up. We now have a 2 year old and breaking the trip up makes it easier on him and us, plus we get to stay at our second favorite place, NO. When we arrived in New Orleans ur first stop was Mothers,to get a world famous po-boy. If you're in NO you have to stop here for lunch, it's amazing. We then visited with friends all day and ended our night eating at Desi Vega's Steakhouse. Woke up early the next morning and headed down i10 to Destin. We arrived at about 12:30, so no major trafic issues, smooth sailing through Mobile and the Midbay bridge.

When we arrived in Destin we made our annual stop at AJ's for lunch (I Know a lot of the locals dont care for it, but i love it) we got our bloody marys,shared the blackbeared combo.While waiting for our condo to be cleaned we then made the trip to Target to get some groceries ( I will pay more to have a somewhat pleasent shoping experience). By the time we were done the condo was ready, we stayed at Silver Beach Towers unit 1904. The condo was impeccable, five bedrooms, five baths, hot tub on the balcony, and had enough room for 12 people. We always stay at Silver beach, but this was the first year in the penthouse. Got all of the food unpacked and we just relaxed for the rest of the day and went down to the beach and ordered pizza.

Sunday- Our little boy was so excited he woke us up at 6:30 ( things change when you have a baby with you on vacation now. Ha) got some breakfast going and had coffee on the balcony. Got down to the beach around 9:30, stayed until about 12, came up for lunch (we just do sandwiches, hotdogs etc for lunch all week). After everyone had lunch, back down to the beach/pool until about 3. Came up and put the little one down for a nap while we got ready for dinner. Our first night out was Louisiana Lagniappe. We all love the food and highly recommend.

Monday- The guys left early to play golf at Kelly Plantation, while the girls went back to the beach.

On our way home from golfing we picked up some fresh blue crap and shrimp from Destin Ice Seafood Market ( we have gone to Sexton's for years but this is now my new spot). Got back to the condo and boiled them up louisiana style with some corn and potatoes.

Tuesday- It was raining, so of the women won this battle and it was shopping all day at the Silver Sands outlets and destin commons. Then we decided to give a new restraunt a shot and tried jackacuda's on the harborwalk, this took the place of crazy lobster. I was worried at first because we walked right up and they accomodatedus without a wait. I was pleasently surprised by the food though. We ordered the Nola roll for an appetizer, I got the grouper tacos ( the best tacos i have ever eaten) and my wife got the crusted snapper. I would go back again in a heart beat and we are both food snobs.

Wednesday- The guys decided to play golf gain instead of go fishing ( i was outvoted because this is our first year not fishing) so we went to play golf at Regetta Bay while the women again just had beach/pool time. Came home and got ready, we didn't feel like waiting anywhere and my wife wanted mexican, so mexican it was adn Coco's mexican it was. Im a seafood person so i could eat it everynight but the wife is a different story. So..... happy wife, happy life!!

Thursday- beach and pool all day. for dinner we chose Mcguires, it's also an anual stop for us. Both had the Filet, i have never had a bad meal here and the beer selection is amazing.

Our last day we did the usual, beach all day and then we chose Harry T's for our final night. We have been going here since our wedding day and always make a stop here. They have changed the menu once again and the selection was not that great, i was worried when i first started looking at the menu. BUT I ended up being very surprised, I ordered the Grouper with crawfish etouffee and it was the best thing i put in my mouth all week. My wife got the snow crab and as you know it's hard to mess that up.

We can't wait to be back in October!!!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Trip Report July 11 - 19

Golf, beach, shop, eat. What's not to like? Sounds like a wonderful trip. Thanks for all the updates on places to eat.

U.S.
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Trip Report July 11 - 19

Thanks for the trip report! I will be going in a week and will try and do one as well!

Louisiana
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Trip Report July 11 - 19

Great report! If you haven't been to McGuire's for Sunday Brunch, you should add that for next year.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
553 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Trip Report July 11 - 19

Great TR, one of the best I've seen in a while! I have only been to one of the places that you mentioned (McGuires) but now I think I will expand my horizons... Isn't it funny how you have "must go to" restaurants but you never try other places?!

Thanks for posting :)

15. Re: Trip Report July 11 - 19

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2016, 05:16