We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrival Day Lunch and Beverage

Mn
Level Contributor
447 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Arrival Day Lunch and Beverage

I think we will be taking some posters' advice and doing our shopping on Sunday rather than Saturday this time. That means, barring a major traffic delay, we plan to be in Destin via Mid Bay Bridge in time for lunch while we wait for the "condo is ready" call at Tops'l. Been to Back Porch which is fine, last Kenny D's meal was marginal. Never been to PJ's but not keen after their HD episode last October. How about some other options? We'd need to have a decent shot at a parking spot too...

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,505 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrival Day Lunch and Beverage

We always have lunch at Dewey's bayside/crab island location when we get into town. Tradition for us.

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
726 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrival Day Lunch and Beverage

790 on the Gulf or Surf Hut would be good options on the way to your condo. Surf Hut has plenty of parking but I think you have to valet at 790.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,766 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrival Day Lunch and Beverage

790 has some parking there - we have not had problems but then you usually save our trips for lunch or off season. Cannot beat the view - great shrimp poor boys - and pretty much anything else we have ordered there.

Ohio
Level Contributor
691 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrival Day Lunch and Beverage

I'm a fan of a Dewey Destin lunch too ;)

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
2,968 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrival Day Lunch and Beverage

The valet parking at 790 is more for evenings and Sunday Brunch when the lot is fuller... Hard to beat! Of course you can't beat the view and food at Dewey's too!!!

IMHO - skip Back Porch, Crab Trap, Pompano Joes.... Good for drinks and view, but everything else is too hit or miss for a once a year type meal...

Santa Rosa Beach...
Level Contributor
308 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrival Day Lunch and Beverage

How about Graffiti in Destin? They're now open for lunch and have a killer fried green tomato appetizer (big enough to share, topped with garlicky crawfish and crab). It was my very favorite bite last year and the pizza was good, too.

There's also a coupon for buy one lunch entree, get one half off good through Sept 30 available for Graffiti.

United States
Level Contributor
6,485 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arrival Day Lunch and Beverage

Definitely something with a view! You are driving all that way for the beach. You ought to get to look at it for that first meal! I'd take my chances on a hit or miss place with a view of the beach.

Missouri
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arrival Day Lunch and Beverage

Deweys is awesome. So is McGuires.

MO
Level Contributor
589 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arrival Day Lunch and Beverage

Try Callahan's, they have great lunch specials. Pick up some chicken salad for snacking.

Edited: 05 August 2014, 17:07
Denver,CO
Level Contributor
310 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arrival Day Lunch and Beverage

Stinkys on 30A, great food and beverage and they have valet parking even for lunch!