We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sand Castle Tools

tx
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sand Castle Tools

Does anyone know where we can buy sand castle tools? We took a lesson a year or so ago and received some great tools that I think were metal pastry tools. We leave tomorrow for Destin and I cannot locate them. Is there a place in Destin where I can buy sandcastle tools without taking lessons? Not the cheap plastic kind but some decent sandcastle tools. We are staying at the Inn on Crystal Beach.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,916 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sand Castle Tools

I'm not pulling your leg -- try the craft section at Walmart. Cake spatulas, small paintbrushes, artists' palettes -- all that will be in with the craft supplies.

Destin
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sand Castle Tools

There is a Michael's store about a block north of The Inn at Crystal Beach that may have some useful tools for building sandcastles, and Lowe's is just north of Hwy 98.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sand Castle Tools

I looked online to see what the tools looked like and I do think you could replicate some of the professional tools at Lowes or Michaels. Those are great ideas. Maybe the cake decorating dept. at Michaels might have a few things too.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sand Castle Tools

Sorry this is a bit late; Beach Sand Sculptures teaches SandCastle Lessons and has SandCastle Tool Kits available go to BeachSandSculptures.com or 303-681-2631

5. Re: Sand Castle Tools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 06:18