We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the difference in the different areas of Destin

Georgetown, Kentucky
Level Contributor
63 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
What is the difference in the different areas of Destin

First time visitor coming the week of Sept 14th, and trying to book a condo or resort. But I can not decide which area to even book a place. I can not find any information on the differences in the areas and beaches. I am considering Holiday Isle, Mid-Destin, Henderson Beach area, Sandestin, and the areas called Scenic Gulf. Or is there a better area of beach to stay on? Married Couple, early 50's not looking for bars or nightlife. We prefer seafood, snorkeling, attractions and nice beaches. Where would you recommend?

Also, How far of a drive is Holiday Isle to Sandestin?

Do you have a must see or must do or MUST eat at place to recommend?

Georgetown, Kentucky
Level Contributor
63 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What is the difference in the different areas of Destin

Thanks, We plan to book a condo at Shoreline Towers. Hope it does not disappoint us. : )

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,557 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What is the difference in the different areas of Destin

I think you will enjoy any area of Destin. Shoreline Towers is a nice choice.

Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What is the difference in the different areas of Destin

I stayed at shoreline towers my first Destin trip and loved it. We also liked McGuire pub and bubba Gump. Parasailing was a lot of fun too

Gulf Shores, Alabama
4 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: What is the difference in the different areas of Destin

I hope you don't mind kytraveler if I hop onto your thread with a similar question.... we are also going to be down in that area, close to that same time!

I wanted some advice from the locals - We will be renting a home, and are torn between a place close to the beginning of Gulf Shores Drive, and one off of Scenic 98, (A few blocks down from Destin Commons, towards the water). My mom will be in tow, so trying to pick out that perfect spot for her. She enjoys shopping, (more boutique shopping), fun happy hour spots, and she's looking forward to indulging in the local restaurant spots. She also enjoys walking to her destinations, and I'm trying to see which area has the best of both worlds, with everything within somewhat walking distance. Would you all recommend staying more towards Gulf Shore Dr? Or the Crystal Beach Area? Any local feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,557 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: What is the difference in the different areas of Destin

If you stay in the Crystal Beach area you and your mom can walk to 790 on the Gulf for great happy hour drinks and small plates. You can sit outside and enjoy the gulf view. You can also sit inside and have lunch or dinner if it's too hot to eat outside. You and mom can also walk to Camille's for dinner. There is also a breakfast spot downstairs. I see a lot of people eating or having coffee there in the morning. There is a nice, wide walking path too. It is possible to walk to Destin Commons but I would not do it. It''s too busy and I think dangerous with all the traffic.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
4 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: What is the difference in the different areas of Destin

Great, thank you TexasCowgirl!

Alabama
Level Contributor
973 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: What is the difference in the different areas of Destin

Since we're in the same age group, let me add my two cents! We love Majestic Sun, part of the Seascape Resort. It's on Old 98/Scenic Drive. It's across the two-lane from the beach, but when you're in that condo, looking at that view from your balcony, den, or kitchen, you won't care. Try to score one of the "special" two-bedroom units with the gulf-front master! We usually always rent thru VRBO, but we just went last month for the first time renting from Seascape. We've stayed in 301, 401, 701 , 510, and 1012. The rooms ending in "01" are 3br units on the corner. Extra windows and greatest view because the balcony is not obstructed to east or west. 510 and 1012 are 2- bedroom units (both bedrooms on the back/bayside). 1012, my most recent stay, is "inset" and we missed the east/sunrise view.

18. Re: What is the difference in the different areas of Destin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2015, 05:15