We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southern Living Article

Lake Ontario
Level Contributor
293 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Southern Living Article

Well I remember how people reacted to the CNN article about the Red Bar...so I'm anticipating some unhappy campers...

But I was reading my Southern Living magazine yesterday and noticed they have a 2 page article about the Fort Walton/Destin area. It was a very positive article, of course. But I thought we agreed to keep Destin a secret. I think the secret's out.

P.S. I tried to see if I could get the article on-line, but I didn't have any luck. (December issue)

Destin, Florida
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
31. Re: Southern Living Article

Hummmm. it appears as if MY post were removed. Strange since they were up for so many days......................

I guess TA doesn't want to know how we really feel!

Lake Ontario
Level Contributor
293 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Southern Living Article

Well I missed whatever it was...I was unable to get to a computer from Friday afternoon until Monday morning. I just figured it was Tiger Lill.

But now that I look again I see MORE posts are removed. Earlier it was only one.

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
1 review
Save Reply
33. Re: Southern Living Article

I just checked the Memphis board, where Tigerlill had been just as obnoxious, and her posts were removed there too.

So, I guess it is up to Al, gulfman, and skoorb to stir things up again! By the way, where have you been lately, Skoorb? Sammy's???

Destin, Florida
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
34. Re: Southern Living Article

LOL. I think you've got it.

Colmar, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Southern Living Article

northeastchick

I had a coworker check the pages you mentioned in the December 2006 issue - not the same. There might be regional issues of the magazine.

Broken Bow, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Southern Living Article

Semco, can't believe they removed your posts. I'll buy you a round at Sammy's too.

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
1 review
Save Reply
37. Re: Southern Living Article

Al,

I bet Semco can hardly wait...

John,

The article is on page 36 of my Dec. Southern Living in the "Weekend" section. The title is "Christmas at the Beach"

SL does have different regional publications but the difference is usually just a special section in the middle of the magazine. For example, Florida subscribers frequently get a section only about Florida. This particular article is not in that section. (Obviously, since nechick got it.) Not sure why your friend's SL Weekend features Raleigh, and mine and nechick's features Destin. Curiouser curiouser...

Louisville
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Southern Living Article

Dang, I always miss the fun stuff. I haven't visited the forum for a while and it looks like I missed some ranting and raving.

I deduce that this Tiger Lil' person is from Kentucky. I'm ashamed for all of the rest of us from the Bluegrass. Hope all you Destin Lovers don't think less of us because of the lunacy of some goon that accidentally stumbled into the public library and realized that the internet is free there.

Many people here call the Destin area "Louisville South" because you always run into somebody you know when you're down there. It's a favorite vacation destination for KY folks.

Cheers, ya'll!! Can't wait to get back down there.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,800 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Southern Living Article

Oakae in Ky, hey, I'm one of the two "new idiots" that Al Capone referred to, difference is I'm the one who was taking up for you guys but I just wanted to say that I love your picture, use to have a kitty that looked just like that, grey silver point persian, it brought a smile to my face when I saw it, thanks.

40. Re: Southern Living Article

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 22:20