We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in or around Englewood

Which Englewood hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
DUBLIN, IRELAND
10 posts
Save Topic
Shopping in or around Englewood

Hello, can anyone tell me about outlets, shopping malls or christmas shops in or around Englewood.

I am writing from Dublin, Ireland and am hoping to get to Englewood on a holiday quite soon.

If anyone reading this has travelled from Ireland I would very much appreciate hearing what airline or holiday company they used, if possible.

Thank you

Jacinta9

DUBLIN, IRELAND
10 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Shopping in or around Englewood

Rosiebabie, thanks for getting back on again.

Two of my sisters live in America. They are both taking a week's holiday in Englewood so on the spur of the moment I decided to join them.

They havent a clue we are coming so there'll be

great excitement, we havent met up for a couple of years unfortunately, we are very close and I love and miss them all the time.

We'll be fine for a car the first week and I'll enquire re trips, tours etc for the second week.

They will be staying at 'THE SEAFARER' so hopefully this isnt too far from where we're staying!

Thanks again for all your help and information and here's hoping!

Jacinta

mikelowell
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Shopping in or around Englewood

Hi Jacinta9,

I thought I'd throw my opinion in the mix. I've only been to the Englewood area once but it was awesome.

That being said, I agree with all the other people who are trying to give good advice on this board.

I strongly suggest staying on Manasota Key instead of in Englewood. I do not recall ever seeing one bus or taxi while I was there.

You'll have a much more relaxed vacation and your relatives are actually staying on Manasota Key, not in Englewood. It's only 10-15 minutes away, but that is by car.

If you can, I suggest you spend the extra money on your hotel/condo and stay at or near the beach on Manasota Key, not in the town of Englewood.

Here are some websites with rental listings of all sizes and costs. Hope this helps. Have a great time! There are many on the beach but if they are out of your price range, there are quite a few which are a block off the beach too!

gulfcoastrentals.com/florida/…englewood.htm

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…manasota-key

vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/Manasot…

http://www.sunburstcondos.com/rates.html

http://www.sunstate.com/englewd/hotlmotl.htm

www.gulfrealtyinc.com/rentals/rentals-toc.htm

DUBLIN, IRELAND
10 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Shopping in or around Englewood

Thank you Mike for your input, everyone has been so practical and helpful including yourself.

Also thanks for the list of websites.

We might well just spend the first week at the Quality and move then to a more 'central' hotel or even move for the first week as well so thanks again.

Regards

Jacinta

ps ~ cant get over how very kind and helpful everyone has been, taking the time to advise, am just so very grateful for every single nugget i received, what a fabulous site this is.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,811 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Shopping in or around Englewood

I am relieved that you will have transport via some relatives for the first week. but I agree that vacationing in that area (even on Manasota Key) would be a disaster. The area has no public transport choices at all.

You need to move north to Sarasota, or south to Ft myers or somewhere. I agree with the above info about Clearwater and St Ptersburg as they have buses/trolleys.

Where do you fly in from ie which airport? How will you be getting to Englewood in the first place? For your second week I would beg a lift to the beach nearest your departure airport.

Englewood is a fantastic area- I love it! But I would never stay there without a car. If you drive in Ireland, I strongly suggest you rent one. If you don't drive, I would move.

If you cannot move, they I would have your relatives take you to Walmart on South McCAll for you to buy two bicycles. With helmets!!!!!

DUBLIN, IRELAND
10 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Shopping in or around Englewood

Arrived back from the USA this morning and this is to let you know how much I enjoyed Englewood. The hotel was just basic ok butthe staff could not have been more helpful and friendly.

The whole of the first week was spent with my sister. My second sister was called back into her job with some emergency so I missed seeing her. both my sisters and their families holiday regularly in or around Englewood so knew the area very well. Their hotel was fine.

Its a great little gem of a place, got to plenty of shops and outlets. the second week was quieter but still most enjoyable, no problem with getting taxis, staff fabulous with helpful suggestions and the expense was not as prohibitive as in Ireland.

We went to the Lemon Bay Playhouse and then over to see The Cayo Costa State Park,just unforgettable.

So thank you to all who helped me enjoy Englewood, I'll definitely go again.

Jacinta9

South Florida...
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Shopping in or around Englewood

So happy you enjoyed our little quiet area of heaven...now, we have to keep it quiet so we don't turn in to another Siesta Key, etc. Part of the beauty of Englewood is that it is quiet and laid back but Sarasota and Pt. Charlotte are close by. My good friend is stage manager at Lemon Bay Playhouse so I will report that you enjoyed that as well. I see every play that I can and think they do a fine job. I have thought of your trip and worried about transportation so am relieved to know you had no problems. I live on Manasota Key...did you get out there?

Come back and see us in the future!

Northern Ireland
Destination Expert
for Rotonda West
Level Contributor
744 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Shopping in or around Englewood

Jacinta9

Absolutely delighted that you enjoyed Englewood.... and hopefully you will hurry back soon! You sound like you had a great time and am so relieved that everything worked for you!

Rosiebabe

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,811 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Shopping in or around Englewood

Like Gringo I am also relived you had a great time, and din't find transport a problem. We;d love to know other details of your trip including which restaurants and beaches you visited and what you thought of them.

DUBLIN, IRELAND
10 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Shopping in or around Englewood

Sorry for taking so long to reply but have been

just so busy at work, family etc etc, didnt occur to

me that any of you kind people would reply! i should have known.

Weather in ireland is 'artic' just now {slight exageration} but it is rainy considering it is

springtime.

i would dearly like to be back in Englewood, just loved the Venice Island shops, all the shabby chic stuff plus the 'bohemian' type of atmosphere and also

loved to go back to the hotel and just relax on the

beach, even got some studying done.

didnt get to any other beaches or up to manasota quay

but went loads of places. i cant for the moment recall the names of any of the restaurents, think one of them might have been Careys.

All the beautiful memories are coming back again

and i want to be there, aaagh!

Thanks again each and every one, God Bless.

20. Re: Shopping in or around Englewood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Englewood
Recent Conversations