We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for rentals in englewood close to beach

cinamingrl@peoplepc...
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
looking for rentals in englewood close to beach

Just learning about Englewood tonight really looks like a beautiful non/commercial beach area never even heard of this beach until tonight! Would like to know more and where to stay, want to get married, both of us in our 50's ,second marriage for both of us will be alone on beach no family with us this trip. any ideas venues? We love to swim, sea shell hunt, fish, snorkel, walk, eat, shop any leads would be greatly appreciated we will be traveling 4-25-09 thru 5-2-09 we are from cleveland area and really know nothing of the gulf coast florida area. Found these posts and thought i would try and get a response. Thank you for allowing me to post. Anxius awaiting any response from anyone for rentals, ideas, places to see things to do from Sarasota to Marco island we just want to have a relaxing vacation for the two of us where it is warm!!

South Florida...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for rentals in englewood close to beach

Well, you have found us! JUst keep it to yourself. Manasota Key has many rentals...nice condo's on the beach and a few homes. Very non-commercial and the Key actually has four beaches...Stump Pass State Park (my favorite); Englewood Beach; Blind Pass Beach and Manasota Beach. Not only can you sea shell hunt but you can start your quest for sharks teeth as well but be careful as it is addictive. Shopping is very limited on the Key and in Englewood...I do go to Sarasota for this as well as fine dining. In Sarasota you will find St. Armand's and all of my guests love to go there to shop and eat. There is also Selby Gardens which is a small botanical garden with amazing orchids and tropical plants; there is also the John Ringling winter home http://www.ringling.org/CadMansion.aspx

I would be happy to give you some rental info if you would private e-mail me. You will love it here!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,583 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for rentals in englewood close to beach

I can help too, but we need to know if you will have a car which I assume is yes and if you want things in walking distance or if a drive is OK and how close (car time) is close enough to the beaches for you? Ie walking distance or 5 mins or 10-15 mins etc.

Tons of choice here, and lots to think about.

3. Re: looking for rentals in englewood close to beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Englewood
Recent Conversations