We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying a new 4 bed villa in Rotonda West

Which Englewood hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Buying a new 4 bed villa in Rotonda West

We are thinking of buying a new villa in rotonda west, 4 bed wittoh a pool. We live in UK and hope to rent it to cover the rental costs. I would be grateful for any advices on :

Purchase of property

Recommended builders

Recommendation for purchase of furniture

Recomendation of a Pool Supplier

Any other advices that you may think would be useful.

Many thanks in anticipation

Shaza

Recoo

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying a new 4 bed villa in Rotonda West

Amanx is the one to give you that info as she also has a house there. She should be along soon .. oh it's night time in the UK ... just hang in there.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,317 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying a new 4 bed villa in Rotonda West

I bought an already built home so can't help with most of that.

There is a Rotonda West forum, and there may be others who bought new.

Rentals aren't easy to come by, except maybe in peak winter season. So make sure you can afford to run it all year w/o rentals. And dont forget taxes and insurance which are high.

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,960 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying a new 4 bed villa in Rotonda West

Great advise again...

Do NOT PLAN with rentals... If you get them, GREAT, but don´t count them in until you HAVE em...

I don´t rent in Rotonda but on Anna Maria but this is a really general advise for everyone looking for a home...

They always give you a "rental history" but always take that with a grain of salt!

Some condos or houses do have a permit to only rent quarterly or so!!!

Please make sure to check that!

Taxes are another issue as well as insurance...

we pay more than 6000 per year for taxes...

And maintenance is an issue too with all the salty air and the storms...

Just giving you an idea, don´t want to scare you away!!! :-)))

It is GREAT to have a home in Florida and we DON´T regret it. I just want you to be sure to have all the info :-)))

Farnham, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying a new 4 bed villa in Rotonda West

Hi

Would be happy to talk with you by phone if it would be helpful.

We have owned in Rotonda West since 04, lest the house was completed in 04, fortunately bought the lot and floorplan early 03.

If you need to rent to cover more than 25% of you running costs I would walk away, brutal but truthful.

Whatever you have budgeted for your annual outgoings, double it.

You will also spend hours in front of a computer answering inquiries many of whom will tell you what they think they should pay, I hit delete with these ones as I know they will not pay my rates. Many owners are charging very low rates why I do not know but hey ho their choice.

You will need a very good MC who you can trust.

The list is long and as someone said to me in the early days "more sharks out of the water than in the water in Florida".

We love our home and do not regret buying for one minute but it is hard work and even with 6 months of investigation there were things we had not thought of.

As I have said if you wish to talk more than happy too.

Lynne

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,317 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying a new 4 bed villa in Rotonda West

Good advice Lynne.

PS, seen the first signs of new buidling in ages recently along the 771.

Edited: 18 July 2010, 21:47
Northern Ireland
Destination Expert
for Rotonda West
Level Contributor
746 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying a new 4 bed villa in Rotonda West

Shaz,

You had contacted me directly and I have give you my advise also via pm. But essentially, you have it from all owners on this site - we don't regret owning a home, but it not cheap to run nor is easy - as Rotonda Girl says you spend hours in front of a computer screen not only answering queries, but also marketing your home! Better to be forewarned and to go in with your eyes wide open.

Rosie

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying a new 4 bed villa in Rotonda West

We were hoping to buy from Adam Homes, however after having completed research on the internet and found lawsuits and many disgruntled customers with allegedly serous problems, such as plumbing, subsidence, and leaks we have decided to wait on our return next year to investigate this further. Unlike our NHBC guarantee on new properties I also discovered that basically unless the structure is falling down the policy would not respond.

Many thanks

Shazza

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,317 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buying a new 4 bed villa in Rotonda West

The good theing about my already built home is int he 2.5 years I've owned it, nothing structurally has failed for been a problem.

Had to replace things (mainly machinery such as pool pump and a/c condenser unit) don renovations (re tile and pool rescreen) but nothing very major.

So if you find an already built home, you can make your offer subject to inspection and make the owner fix things or reduce the price if anything major is found.

9. Re: Buying a new 4 bed villa in Rotonda West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Englewood