We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you swim in the beaches on Manasota Key??

Which Englewood hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Greenland, NH
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Topic
Can you swim in the beaches on Manasota Key??

We are looking at rental properties on Manasota Key this year. We have stayed in Longboat Key and Naples before and like the fact that we can swim in the ocean there. We don't want to focus on pricier beachfront if we can't swim. Thanks!

Farnham, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you swim in the beaches on Manasota Key??

I have never heard of any incidences of not being able to swim on this stretch of coastline since we have owned in Rotonda West.

We often go to Middle Beach and usually swim.

Englewood beach, Stump Pass also safe to swim.

A fantastic beach in this area is South Beach on Gasparila Island, a wide beach and safe swimming.

However near to the lighthouse end there is a very strong rip current, best avoided.

Hope this helps we have a wonderful stretch of coastline with many beaches often sparsely populated depending on the time of year.

Enjoy.

Lynne

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,796 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you swim in the beaches on Manasota Key??

All 4 beaches on Manasota are suitable for swimming. But I usually avoid Englewood beach as it is the most heavily used. I prefer Stump pass and Middle/Blind pass beaches.

Northern Ireland
Destination Expert
for Rotonda West
Level Contributor
744 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you swim in the beaches on Manasota Key??

Never a problem with the beaches along this coast. My favorite is Gasparilla Island Beach on Boca Grande Island, or a little further along at South Beach, Boca Grande and I also like the atmosphere of Englewood beach even tho it woudl be the busiest of them all.

Go and enjoy!

Rosie

neltroy
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you swim in the beaches on Manasota Key??

I live on manasota key year-round. We always enjoy swimming, snorkeling, paddleboarding, beach combing(sharks teeth, sand dollars, lots of shells, maybe even spanish gold pieces). We enjoy dolphins, manatees, and tons of other wildlife. Wonderful state park and beach only steps away. Call Troy for any questions 941-321-9099. I'll tell you all you need to stay. Manasota is the best around for value and pristine nature.

neltroy
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you swim in the beaches on Manasota Key??

I live on manasota key year-round. We always enjoy swimming, snorkeling, paddleboarding, beach combing(sharks teeth, sand dollars, lots of shells, maybe even spanish gold pieces). We enjoy dolphins, manatees, and tons of other wildlife. Wonderful state park and beach only steps away. Call Troy for any questions 941-321-9099. I'll tell you all you need to stay. Manasota is the best around for value and pristine nature.

6. Re: Can you swim in the beaches on Manasota Key??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Englewood
Recent Conversations