We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rented High End CondoOnly To Be Told We Cannot Use Amenities

Which Englewood hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mundelein, Illinois
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rented High End CondoOnly To Be Told We Cannot Use Amenities

Beware renters. Many condo owners are in arrears in paying their condo assoc. dues but continue to rent to vulnerable tenants. We arrived yesterday to our high end, high priced rental to find a legal notice stating that the owner is in arrears and no occupants of the unit can use the pool, beach access, parking garage, etc. Today we were informed that our car will be towed tomorrow because the management company will not give us a parking pass to display. I can not blame the condo assoc. because they are being denied dues while negligent owners continue to rent their units. We are at the mercy of the owner who has already cashed our check. Hopefully we can resolve this problem and after our stay is over I do plan to post the name of the LLC that is renting these units and the location of the condo. This is happening up and down the beach on Manasota and I'm sure elsewhere in Florida. One condo assoc. has even gone so far as to turn off the heat and cover their pools, remove access to the beach, etc. To make matters worse the owner and real estate company representing the owner claim they know nothing of the issue. RENTER BEWARE!

Edited: 07 February 2011, 01:59
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,962 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rented High End CondoOnly To Be Told We Cannot Use Amenities

Who did you rent thru? Ask for your money back.

Mundelein, Illinois
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rented High End CondoOnly To Be Told We Cannot Use Amenities

Yes, we have already requested compensation. We are being told 1/2 of our rental fees will be returned, but it has not happened yet. There are four other renters in the same building who are experiencing the same problems. I've rented dozens of condos and homes through out the U.S. and Central America and have never run into this. It is a sign of the times and something most would never think to check out. We finally received a parking pass so at least I can go to sleep at night confident that my car will be in the garage in the morning.

St. Charles IL
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rented High End CondoOnly To Be Told We Cannot Use Amenities

We are renting a condo in Tamarind Bay condos-is that where you had the trouble?

Saint John Indiana
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rented High End CondoOnly To Be Told We Cannot Use Amenities

You should not have this problem at Tamarind Gulf and Bay Condominiums. We own there and know that it is a very stable condominium complex. We have owned there for 15 years. I think some of the problems are occurring with the newer complexes that were built and didn't sell out before the market took a dive. You can rest assured that you will be OK with Tamarind condominiums.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,962 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rented High End CondoOnly To Be Told We Cannot Use Amenities

So those big pastel ones are the ones stiffing people? I remeber how high the prices were.

Port Charlotte...
Level Contributor
98 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rented High End CondoOnly To Be Told We Cannot Use Amenities

I'm curious which condo did this as I'm considering renting over summer. I live close enough it has to be on the beach. Lighthouse was good, and love Seafarer Beach but not large enough unit for the 5 of us....kids 6 to 12.

Any that rent for less than a week if I need that? And is it only the new ones with this problem?

7. Re: Rented High End CondoOnly To Be Told We Cannot Use Amenities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Englewood