We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SNORKELING in or near Englewood???

Which Englewood hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
HBC
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
SNORKELING in or near Englewood???

Where are the closest reefs, or snorkeling sites to the Lemon Bay area? We do not mind driving but would like to avoid the long drive to Pennecamp Area. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,825 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SNORKELING in or near Englewood???

Somesay there is some at the point of ricks area on Siesta Key beach. But no real reefs in this part of Florida. There is some across the state in Palm Beach county as well.

You might like to take the ferry to KW from Ft Myers and avoid the long drive? I'd spend one night though, myself.

Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SNORKELING in or near Englewood???

Quite frankly...Englewood is not the type of area where you will enjoy snorkeling.

If you are a diver there is a charted shipwreck off the city of Venice...called "Bay Ronto"...

-

Based on your comments regarding the Pennecamp area down in the Florida Keys....there is nothing in this part of Florida that could compare to it!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,825 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SNORKELING in or near Englewood???

To be fair to Englewood, there is nothing like pennekamp anywhere in FL. It isn't really a snorkling place.

Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SNORKELING in or near Englewood???

I've lived in Englewood my entire life...fishing is great here. Many of my friends and I dive in the gulf and spear fish...but once again you will be wasting your time "snorkeling"....you will only see a sand bottom and mostly cloudy water.

I have been to the keys dozens of times. If you want great snorkeling go anywhere in the Florida Keys...not just John Pennekamp.

5. Re: SNORKELING in or near Englewood???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2013, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about Englewood
Recent Conversations