We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How crowded is Englewood Beach?

Orlando
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How crowded is Englewood Beach?

How crowded is Englewood Beach say near Wilhelm Drive? I am looking for a spring break trip, near end of march. The family will do stuff like playing on the beach, kayaking, hiking, biking, relaxing, collecting shells and sharks teeth. Will the water be warm enough to enjoy the ocean?

Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How crowded is Englewood Beach?

That is not a very crowded part of the beach at all!!! You might have that area to yourself!

There really isn't hiking in the Englewood area...perhaps you meant "walking"?

Under your posting name states Orlando so I will assume you are from Florida. Everyone is different but with the very mild winter we have had I would bet the water will be tolerable for you. Good luck!

Orlando
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How crowded is Englewood Beach?

Yes, I live near Orlando.By hiking, I did mean walking- I thought there was a trail through some trees or scrubbrush to the south, maybe to a park area.

Also, there are no vehicles allowed on the beach, correct?

Edited: 30 January 2012, 02:57
Farnham, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How crowded is Englewood Beach?

Stump Pass beach which is just south of Englewood beach is a state park and it is a long but enjoyable walk to the end and you maybe fortunate to see tortoise etc in the trees at the end.

Don Pedro Island also offers guided tours by park rangers but these need to be booked in advance.

Plenty of sharks teeth to be found and shells.

Another great beach is south beach on Gasparilla Island.

Enjoy.

Lynne

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How crowded is Englewood Beach?

Stump pass, and Blind pass beaches are nicer than Englewood beach (we only use EB for sunsets).

Orlando
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How crowded is Englewood Beach?

How are those beaches better? Is anything wrong with Englewood Beach?

Farnham, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How crowded is Englewood Beach?

Nothing wrong with Englewood Beach, just personal preference.

Lynne

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How crowded is Englewood Beach?

Nothing wrong with it, but it is more crowded than the others (as it is the first one you see over the bridge), and sometimes people leave cig butts near the steps. by crowded, I mean crowded for MK which isn't crowded compared to other places lol. And it is only like that near the car park- if you are cutting thru it won't be a problem for you.

Stump pass and Blind pass are just better/nicer. Manasota beach down the north end isn't bad either but i don't usually drive up that far.

8. Re: How crowded is Englewood Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2013, 10:30
Get answers to your questions about Englewood
Recent Conversations