We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Busch Gardens to far??

glasgow
Level Contributor
270 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Is Busch Gardens to far??

does anyone know if it seems stupid to go to Busch Gardens for the day. We are visiting in July & though we might go for the day but we know it's quite a drive.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,092 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Busch Gardens to far??

No, it isn't stupid. I have a house nearby and had an annual pass once.

I will say to go early to make sur you arrive for opening. And to eat a light breakfast before you go, or bring juice and cookies for the car drive.

It should take you around 1hr 45 or so, depending on where you get on the highway and how fast you drive ( I must admit to driving 4 miles or so over the limit ;-). It is approx 90 miles.

Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Busch Gardens to far??

Busch Gardens is not that far however I have a better suggestion for you...

If it was me I would drive up the afternoon or evening before. Get a hotel on Busch Blvd or 30th Street (both surround Busch Gardens). That way you can wake up and not risk a traffic jam in Tampa the morning of your day at Busch Gardens. You can find a handful of hotels for less than $100/night within 2 miles of the entrance of Busch Gardens. Then simply drive over to Busch Gardens, enjoy the day though it will be brutally HOT...then drive back to Englewood that afternoon or evening.

Unless you wish to spend at least 3 hours driving in one day?

-

Next door is a water park named (Adventure Island). Not sure if you knew that?

James

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,092 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Busch Gardens to far??

I use I75 and Fowler avenue and have never had a traffic jam getting to BG from Englewood in the AM. Traffic can get heayish in the morning rush hour but not too bad and it generally keeps moving unless there is an accident. Which can happen any time of day.

I don't like that area to stay in, if I stay it is because I have gone up that way the day before for some purpose such as catching an evening game at Tropicana field, and I stay somewhere nicer. If i go as a day trip I find I am finished early pm so tend to stop somewhere ont he way home- a beach or maybe ellenton outlets for shopping and dinner,

I definitely stay the night of driving to the orlando theme parks.

Edited: 07 May 2012, 19:06
Farnham, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Busch Gardens to far??

I agree with Amanx it is an easy day trip and when we last went it was just under 1 hour 30 mins.

We left late afternoon and enjoyed a leisurely dinner on the way home.

We even did Universal last year as a day trip, using 27 on the way and I75 on the return.

Lynne

glasgow
Level Contributor
270 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Busch Gardens to far??

Thanks guys, that's all a big help, we don't mind driving & it sounds like an alright drive so we'll give it a go.

6. Re: Is Busch Gardens to far??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Englewood