We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Road Wine Bar and Bistro

Essex
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Road Wine Bar and Bistro

Am arriving next week (yippee) and have been looking for new / different waterfront places to eat. Came across the Beach Road Wine Bar but there are no reviews. Is this a new place? I can see where it is on the map but only remember there being a boat rental place there.Can anybody advise? Thanks.

Gulf Island Tours
Boat Tours, Boat Hire, Private Tours
Allure Boat Rentals
Boat Tours, Equipment Hire, Boat Hire
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,129 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Road Wine Bar and Bistro

this is a new placve that has opened up behind the beach road boutique/shop just past the turning onto Beach RD from the mainland? Not sure how nice the location is (as it is inland a way on a creek and near the main road) and have yet to try it.

If you do, let us know. I tried Flounders in April/June and it is better than the white Elepahnt next door and is on the water bayside plus just a short stroll across to t he beach.

Essex
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Road Wine Bar and Bistro

Thanks Amanx. We tried Flounders last summer and although the food was good, we ended up eating it in the dark as there was inadequate lighting outside and it wasn't the best experience. Having said that I am sure we will give it another go this year. Have you been to the Eagle Grill/Millers Dockside Boca Grande? It has very mixed reviews and I would be loathe to pay the toll only to have a poor experience!

Mentioned in this post
Boca Grande
Boca Grande
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,129 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Road Wine Bar and Bistro

No I haven't.

If I eat in BG, I eat at South Beach grill on the beach. But I have a restaurant.com voucher for Loose Caboose so will be trying that in Nov.

Farnham, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Road Wine Bar and Bistro

We tried the Wine and Bistro in June and really enjoyed the setting and food.

They had been serving food for approximately 9 weeks although the Wine Bar had been open prior.

The servings are more European in size and all food is freshly cooked.

The menu changes every 6 weeks or so.

Would recommend it and we will go back, I ate the Center Blue Satin. sirloin served on a bed of Horseradish sauce with red peppers, bacon and garlic. Ummm

Enjoy

Lynne

Edited: 09 July 2012, 20:39
5. Re: Beach Road Wine Bar and Bistro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 05:47
Get answers to your questions about Englewood