We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parasailing

Which Englewood hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon, Wisconsin...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
parasailing

We will be on Manasota Key June 15-22 and are interested in parasailing and a nature kayak tour. We checked 2 parasailing places so far and they are not open this summer. Any recommendations? How about a kayak tour? Thanks!

Farnham, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parasailing

There is kayaking available at Placida, Grand Tours, just by the lights for Gasparilla Island.

The only place I know for parasailing was in Osprey, not sure if they will be open.

Have fun the weather is brill and tonight just so balmy, but we head home tomorrow and back to reality.

Lynne

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: parasailing

I know this is reply is past your trip, but I will respond in case someone has the same question in the future. We were in Englewood at the end of July and ran into the same issues with the local operators being closed. We ended up driving to Siesta Key and went parasailing through Siesta Key Parasailing and Jet Skis. It was about a 45 minute drive and well worth it. We had a wonderful time, and the operator was great (I wrote a review on their page). You can make a Siesta Key a whole day excursion. Visit the beach, shops and restaurants while you are there.

Edited: 22 August 2013, 03:08
Oregon, Wisconsin...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: parasailing

Thank you for the response-even after the fact! We did end up going to Siesta Key and had a great experience.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,831 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: parasailing

there was parasailing when I was there in spring I think on Beach road- so they have closed? Interesting.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: parasailing

Siesta Key Para Sailing also operates the Englewood location. They told us that they are open only during spring break in Englewood.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,831 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: parasailing

that was when I saw them. Good to know.

7. Re: parasailing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Englewood
Recent Conversations