We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manasota Key Florida

Batavia, Illinois
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Manasota Key Florida

Has anyone stayed on Manasota Key Florida? What is the area like? Is it a sandy or shell beach? We are looking at the Tamarind Village.

Anstruther, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manasota Key Florida

Not stayed on the Key but ALWAYS visit the beaches their because they are the best around. Lovely white sand with a few pockets of shells and sharks teeth. Perfect for chilling and swimming and a lovely area all round!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,953 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manasota Key Florida

I have a house on the mainlnd nearby.

The beaches are sand in the main, with sme small shell bands. These bands are good, as that is where you will find the sharks teeth!

4 public beaches, south to north. Stump pass (state park) Englewood beach (the main beach with paid parking lot and restaurants across) Blind Pass (free parking) and Manasota Beach (free parking). Stump and Blind are my favorites.

Batavia, Illinois
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Manasota Key Florida

Thank you, we are planning on spending some time on the Key next Feb. Probably a rental. Love the beach, so it sounds like the place to be. Can you give me the approximate temperature for February? Thanks, Gloria

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,953 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manasota Key Florida

Go to weather .com and look at the temps for this past Feb. B ut we can never say what next year will be like. AS it can be warm, cool or even cold depending on what the US weather is like next year. This year April was cooler than normal (but still very nice).

I mean, we didn't get really cold during the VORTEX this winter. But it was cooler than normal. But whatever the weather will be, it will be warmer than back home lol.

And do look for a heated pool. You will need everything from shorts and Ts to long pants and a jacket/sweater depending on the day and time of day.

Batavia, Illinois
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Manasota Key Florida

Thanks so much for your help. Gloria

Vermont
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manasota Key Florida

Can you recommend a real estate agent to find a seasonal rental in Manasota Key? We are hoping to spend next Janaury and February there.

Vermont
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manasota Key Florida

We would like a recommendation for real estate agents for a seasonal rental on Manasota Key for January/February 2016. Can anyone recommend a reliable agent?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,953 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manasota Key Florida

Look at Michael Saunders for an agent. I rent mine thru VRBO and gulfcoast

Huron, Ohio
Level Contributor
539 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manasota Key Florida

We are actually going to be staying at Pearl Beach in Englewood one night prior to arriving on Sanibel. looks like on mapquest, you can take one of two routes to get to Sanibel... Would you suggest taking I75 South, or the other route?

Ohio
Level Contributor
525 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manasota Key Florida

We are going to be in Englewood and we are looking for just a few nights in July. Can you recommend a nice beachfront condo? Is the beach on Manasota Key nicer than Englewood beach?

Get answers to your questions about Englewood