We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike/Golf cart paths in Englewood

Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
437 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Bike/Golf cart paths in Englewood

My parents are retiring to Englewood and we will be visiting them before too long. Are there bike/golf cart paths in the area? Public transportation, especially to the beach?

They bought off of McCall Road near Walmart. I am wondering about bringing bicycles or renting a golf cart, primarily for my daughters (16 and 13 yrs old) to get around somewhat independently.

Any insight or thoughts would be most appreciated!

Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike/Golf cart paths in Englewood

Though Englewood is not a big town I do not believe it would be advisable to ride a bike along SR776 in Englewood. Being a father I would never allow my children to do this. From the area you are describing there is no public transportation. Furthermore renting a golf cart is not practical as it is not feasible to travel in this town.

I believe if your daughters are going to be interested in seeing what Englewood has to offer they will have to be driven or borrow your car.

Good luck!

Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,012 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike/Golf cart paths in Englewood

I agree. While there are bike paths in somareas like Rotonda, I would NOT ride a bike on rt 776 ever.

And I never see public buses, there may be xome on along 776 but not sure it if goes to the beach. Everyone drives a car here really.

3. Re: Bike/Golf cart paths in Englewood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Englewood
Recent Conversations