We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can we airboat and canoe on the same day?

Lytham St Anne's...
Level Contributor
244 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
can we airboat and canoe on the same day?

hi, we are staying in naples 22-27th July and would like to visit the everglades, we would like to do an airboat tour for the fun of it and a canoe/kayak ranger led tour for more serious wildlife spotting. I am aware its not the best time of year to see some wildlife, with the exception of bugs! so we probably want to avoid dawn and dusk. Is it possible to fit both in one day? I'm thinking the best place to head for is Everglades city. Captain Dougs is looking good for the airboat which is for an hour, but I'm not sure how or with who we could do the canoe trip, I have looked at some websites but I'm not sure which will fit in and are we best doing it the morning or afternoon.

Or is it too much to try and fit both into one day?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can we airboat and canoe on the same day?

Everglades Area Tours has naturalist guided canoe or kayak tours departing at 9 am or 1:30 pm

evergladesareatours.com/kayak_tours.htm

For a park ranger led activity in the Everglades National Park - I am finding boat tours (listed on their website) but NOT canoe tours, only canoe rentals at the Everglades National Park Gulf Coast Visitor Center in Everglades City - try calling

Gulf Coast Visitors Center - 239-695-2591 -

Lytham St Anne's...
Level Contributor
244 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can we airboat and canoe on the same day?

thanks patti, this company looks ideal , but from a recent review it sounds like their reservations system is not very organised. What I think we will do as we are only a week from departure (we are going to Orlando first) is not book anything until we arrive and then ring or call in when we are in Naples.

cheers

3. Re: can we airboat and canoe on the same day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Everglades City