We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Everglades for kids

Lake Worth FL
1 post
Save Topic
Everglades for kids

I have an 8 yr old, 6 yr and 2 yr. Are the Everglades age appropriate for them? What activities are there?

Jenny's Eco Everglades Wilderness Tours
Kayaking & Canoeing, Walking Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Eco Tours
Shurr Adventures Everglades
Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Tour The Glades - Private Wildlife Tours
Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Down South Airboat Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Speed Boats Tours, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Private Tours
Mulhouse, France
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Everglades for kids

Yes ! You need to go to the Shark Valley Visitor Center and take the guided trolley tour. It last about 2 hours. It takes you through the "river of grass" and you get to see many animals and birds. The guide will explain everything. It is great ! Our kids (5 and 8 at the time) really enjoyed it. At the visitor center there is also a small museum about the wildlife and plants of the Everglades, great for kids (and adults).

I don't know at what time of the year you are going but since it can get pretty hot during the day, I would suggest going in the morning, bring water, sunscreen and put insect repellent.

Another option is the Everglades Alligator Farm in Homestead, FL. It is a small park that has alligator and snake shows. You can take an air boat ride there (may be not for the 2 year old). We are going there in two weeks for the first time. I will let you know how it is.

Get answers to your questions about Everglades City
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question