We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Captain's House at 268 S. Fletcher Ave.

Which Fernandina Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Captain's House at 268 S. Fletcher Ave.

We are reviewing the contract for a 3-night stay in March at a VRBO at Captain's House at 268 S. Fletcher Ave. My stepson, his wife and two very small Brussels Griffons will be joining us there. Any comments on that location or the property? It's 3 stories, I think...maybe 6 condos in all.

Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Captain's House at 268 S. Fletcher Ave.

Pat,

Captain's House complex is located about 1/4 mile south of Main Beach (intersection of Atlantic Ave & S. Fletcher) and it is an oceanfront property. You are in a great location as far as convenience to the Fernandina Beach Historic District, Greenway trails & Ft Clinch State Park. There is a chain convenience store located up at Main Beach intersection and an oceanfront bar & grill (Sandy Bottoms). You can also have breakfast or lunch at the well-known Elizabeth Pointe Lodge which is almost next door to you. The beach area just went through a renourishment this past summer, so the beach is in great shape.

In the interest of full disclosure, I know there was an incident a couple of years back with the collapse of one of the balconies at the Captain's House complex due to overloading and some structural issues. My understanding is that the City Building department inspected all the balconies and required the owners (or builder) to make some structural repairs to correct the problem.

It is a 3-story structure and I am not sure if they have an elevator or not. Hope this is helpful information.

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Captain's House at 268 S. Fletcher Ave.

Thanks for coming through once again with exactly the sort of info I was seeking. Right now, however, we've put off booking because my stepson will need to travel overseas on a work assignment in early 2009, and we don't know dates on that yet. Even if we don't make it to Amelia Island in 2009, you've supplied plenty of helpful advice for a vacation in future years. Again, thanks so much.

3. Re: Captain's House at 268 S. Fletcher Ave.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 13:16