We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi fare from airport to Hyatt Regency Pier 66 hotel

Pendleton,NY
Level Contributor
13 posts
21 reviews
taxi fare from airport to Hyatt Regency Pier 66 hotel

about how much would it cost?

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
337 reviews
1. Re: taxi fare from airport to Hyatt Regency Pier 66 hotel

I would estimate about $15/$20, less with Uber if you want to try that.

Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
100 reviews
2. Re: taxi fare from airport to Hyatt Regency Pier 66 hotel

We did this trip last spring. It was $15

Lake Orion, Michigan
Level Contributor
152 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: taxi fare from airport to Hyatt Regency Pier 66 hotel

March 2017 I paid $19.50 plus tip from FLL to Pier 66 for a taxi.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,196 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: taxi fare from airport to Hyatt Regency Pier 66 hotel

AS Harry has said, Uber/Lyft would be cheaper if you have a smartphone and data- it's usually about half the price so would likely be about $8 or so- I think I have read that Uber has a $7 minimum for any ride ( not certain) and it wouldn't be much more than that. IMO , Uber/Lyft are good things to get familiar with- especially for travelers. No tip expected for Uber/Lyft either - though you can add one in ( or give cash at the time). I generally add a couple of dollars tip if the driver assisted with luggage or otherwise was especially helpful, but not otherwise. Just as we rate the driver, they rate the passengers and even with no tip I always seem to get an e-mail telling me the driver has rated us 'five stars" ( I understand this is usually done if you are prompt and polite) -I have given all our drivers 5 stars - they have all been courteous and safe drivers( which I can't always say for taxi drivers) and their cars are always spotlessly clean .

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
15,948 posts
259 reviews
5. Re: taxi fare from airport to Hyatt Regency Pier 66 hotel

Uber doesnt allow tipping through their app, cash only with them. Lyft allows you the option of tipping through the app. My last local ride on Uber was less than $6 bucks. so Im not sure their is a minimum.

Kingston, Canada
1 post
6. Re: taxi fare from airport to Hyatt Regency Pier 66 hotel

how did the hyatt pier 66 make out after the storm any damage did

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,196 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: taxi fare from airport to Hyatt Regency Pier 66 hotel

None I have seen reported- I may be down that way in the next day or two- and will report i what I see. There is very little structural damage that I have seen around he area of the beach - mainly blown down small signs and awnings - and not very many of those.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
5,901 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: taxi fare from airport to Hyatt Regency Pier 66 hotel

does it depend on where you get Uber? I just used Uber in Atlanta and was able to add a tip on the app..

colorado
Level Contributor
195 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: taxi fare from airport to Hyatt Regency Pier 66 hotel

Hyatt Pier 66 is closed for the near future. We have reservations Oct. 7th so I am waiting a few more days to call and see if they will be open yet. The website says it was mostly exterior landscaping damage but they are closed for now. Just praying that Hurricane Maria takes a quick turn North and not toward South Florida.

Edited: 20 September 2017, 16:24
10. Re: taxi fare from airport to Hyatt Regency Pier 66 hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2018, 05:17